SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New forrester XT ....any owners here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New forrester XT ....any owners here? Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
So we finally sold the VW TDI and boiught the forrester XT.....I really like this little sleeper Big Grin....pop it in S+ mode and it almost ....almost acts like a paddled shifted automatic. It's my wife's and she likes it except for the mileage, she is getting 23.5mpg in the city which I think is ok considering. The only thing i dislike are the seats...no side bolsters....too short....feels like I am sitting on a camping poop can.

Overall thought it's a great step up form the TDI golf in room and safety.

I had almost had her talked into a red WRX Wink at the dealership but I am glad we got the FXT

Anyone here have one and do you have any hints and tricks?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Girlfriend got one a couple months ago. She loves her lesmobile. I never thought I like heated seats, they are comfy. Sun roof is awesome. Lots of bells and whistles. No tips, only driven it once or twice.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2014 XT. Love the car but agree with you on the seats. On a trip I've gotten 28 mpg.

My wife has a 2016 WRX STI. She will turn 67 this month.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I was going to sell our 2009 Forester for a upcoming suv purchase but my wife demanded we keep it and wants me to sell my 04 Avalanche.
With the not so good gas mileage and small tank you will find your self at the gas station a lot. My wife is perfectly happy driving with the fuel warning light on and let me fill the tank.

I can't do a long drive in it it's just too uncomfortable and I'm a small person. Road noise can be a bit loud on certain road surfaces.

On the up side it's as sure footed as a mountain goat on snow covered icy roads and the all around visibility is great. Overall I liked the vehicle but wouldn't buy another.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7 Mary 4
Picture of imprezaguy02
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mas4363:
I have a 2014 XT. Love the car but agree with you on the seats. On a trip I've gotten 28 mpg.

Your wife is awesome.

See my username.

Posts: 8122 | Registered: March 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:

THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imprezaguy02:
quote:
Originally posted by mas4363:

Your wife is awesome.

See my username.

I imagine when she finally sells it, it won't be hard to get top dollar. After all, "a little old lady drove it". Hers does not have the wing.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
2014 Forester XT for me and a 2015 WRX for my wife. Love em both.

Posts: 4014 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
So we finally sold the VW TDI and boiught the forrester XT.....I really like this little sleeper Big Grin....pop it in S+ mode and it almost ....almost acts like a paddled shifted automatic. It's my wife's and she likes it except for the mileage, she is getting 23.5mpg in the city which I think is ok considering. The only thing i dislike are the seats...no side bolsters....too short....feels like I am sitting on a camping poop can.

Overall thought it's a great step up form the TDI golf in room and safety.

I had almost had her talked into a red WRX Wink at the dealership but I am glad we got the FXT

Anyone here have one and do you have any hints and tricks?

I almost bought one a couple months back....couldn't get past the seats though....they're weirdly shaped for me....too short front to back & hit my legs in a weird spot. Ok, I suppose, for quick trips, but I did a 45 minute test drive the second time I took it out, and was ready to be done after about half an hour. I like the looks/performance far better than the Outback, but the Outback is miles more comfortable for me. Went with the Outback. Which was surprising to me, because I had my mind made up going in that I wanted the FXT.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife had a forester and loved it, when it came time for a new vehicle she was all set on another forester. One thing that she really liked was the heated seats. So I went online shopping, found out that to get heated seats you also had to get a hole in the roof. Don't want a hole in the roof, we keep a vehicle for a long time and I know of several friends with vehicles that have sun roofs that are several years old and most have had leaking problems. So she went with a outback, which has the option of heated seats without a hole in the roof. Comfortable vehicle, good gas mileage, only dislike is rear visibility.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post