SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    March madness thread.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March madness thread. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Geeez Minn. looked bad. Mid Tenn. may beat Butler.

Gonzaga looked so so.

Bradley sounded like they did good.

Florida, decent. kind of like the zags

ND survived, barely

W.V. beat Bucknell in a tough game.

Looks like NW may beat Vandi

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
UNC baby!

Northwestern screwed me, lol.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Everyone is jumping the Vandy player, but he kept them from shooting a 3 and there was plenty of time to have run a better possession than what they did. The lane was open.

Glad NU won.
Glad IU is getting a new coach (NIT thread drift)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I've got 11 out of 12 so far.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
UNC baby!

I woke up one morning, circa 1967, to find the Carolina ram outside my dorm room in the hall.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Not only will Gonzaga make their first Final Four, they will win it all.

Yep, that's my prediction.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

That's a helluva prediction, since they're gonna have to get by my Arizona Wildcats to get there. I wish I felt confident that the Cats will win it all, but I do believe they'll make it to the Final Four--their first under Sean Miller.

BTW, Gus, one of my best friends has a daughter at Gonzaga and has been vocal all season. Good rivalry. I don't think the Zags can beat them twice

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
BTW, Gus, one of my best friends has a daughter at Gonzaga and has been vocal all season. Good rivalry

Big Grin

I have a sister, two nieces, and a best friend who are alumni. I also used to live just down the street, and back in the day I stayed in their dorms while visiting Expo '74. I'm a little tied to university.

I typically don't follow ball much until March, but as I understand it they've been ranked #1 for awhile this year. I've said for a long time that they've been knocking on the door so maybe this is their year. Few is one hell of a coach.

At least they don't have Syracuse to deal with this year. Mad

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Go Blue! MTSU

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I picked 15 out of 16 right so far in my yahoo bracket. I am going to see the Tulsa games live today, Baylor and SMU. My Dad and I went to SMU so we are going to enjoy a Father & Son trip.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Missed Xavier and Northwestern (should have lost, kid messed up). I have Arizona and UNC in the championship.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post
Pretty quiet as far as first rounds go so far. I don't think any of the underdogs won.

Posts: 4220 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: December 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlayne:
Pretty quiet as far as first rounds go so far. I don't think any of the underdogs won.

Given that I expected MN to lose...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Given that I expected MN to lose...

Last I saw even Vegas had Middle Tennessee favored by 1.5.

Posts: 4220 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: December 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
enjoy that Ibanda. My dad and I go to a university to watch the girsl team play every chance we get. We have a ball.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I'm 13 out of 16 with no deadends in my Yahoo bracket with UK winning it all.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I'm 15-16 at the moment. As good as I could have expected, as I only missed the VU-NW game yesterday. And, to be honest, I've been a Vandy fan my entire life (& have worked 2 blocks from their campus for 31 years). So, I had no reason to pick differently.
I hope my overall "luck" keeps up! Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I surely hope you're right, but they scared the heck out of me when they lost to BYU in their last home game. Geesh!! Not to mention the horrible 1st half yesterday against #16 SDS.

The biggest change for them this year is NO INJURIES!

Crossing my fingers.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Not too concerned about their first game performance. I think that you play to your competition and I don't imagine that a team of their caliber is going to take a #16 seed too seriously anyway.

I expect they'll crank it up a few notches against Northwestern.

No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Go Gamecocks! Our first NCAA tourney win in 44 years. I doubt we'll get past Duke, but I'm glad we finally won. Frank Martin has done a good job with what was an abysmal bball program.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post