SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ft. Riley Kansas US Calvary Museum and Covid?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ft. Riley Kansas US Calvary Museum and Covid? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
Does anyone know the answer to these two questions?

1 - Are the US Calvary and US First Division museums open in Kansas because of Covid?

2 - Can the museums be accessed without going through a checkpoint where they might ask me if I have a gun in the car?

Thanks.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss the good ol' days when a person could visit a post without jumping through all the hoops.

Visitors to Fort Riley who don't have a Department of Defense ID card must stop by the Henry Gate visitor's center off I-70 to get a temporary pass to the installation. For complete details, visit www.riley.army.mil

The link below provides the viewer with a discussion by Dr. Robert Smith, Fort Riley Museum Director, regarding some of the renovations being finished up at the U.S. Cavalry Museum on Fort Riley.

https://www.dvidshub.net/audio...y-museum-renovations

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Think I'll just drive past.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you do decide to take the time and go the museums they are decent. The US Cavalry Razz museum is a bigger than the BRO museum but have some interesting collections.

Haven't been since 91' but they used to have a warehouse full of old mil vehicles.

And if you do, in the BRO museum the Desert Storm display, the BDU's are mine or should be still.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Augen,

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
WW 1 Museum in KC is worth the effort IMO.

They are open. WW1 Museum

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Cavalry.

Calvary is where Jesus died. Cavalary is nonexistent.

That is all Smile

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You mean cavalry, no?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post