SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *Updated Page 3: Bought a Forester* Thinking about a Subaru - Forester or Outback?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Updated Page 3: Bought a Forester* Thinking about a Subaru - Forester or Outback? Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
You got lucky with the Yoko's as ours has the Continentals which as someone has already said, "suck".

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll third the factory continentals are pure shit. I have to replace mine at 21k because the ALCAN highway completely shredded my rear tires. Course I was pulling around 1,000 lbs of gear in a trailer and 3 full grown men that trip with a cargo roof box too.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new Subaru! We recently purchased our 6th Subaru, a 2018 Impreza Sport making it the third Subaru we currently own along with our 2013 Forester non-turbo and a 2014 Forester XT. We are definitely a Subaru family here! Can't say enough good things about them. They are durable, quality vehicles that are easy to maintain, not to mention have the best AWD system of any vehicle out there. Their value is hard to beat and they hold their value extremely well. Enjoy! Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
And.......we're not lesbians! Not that there's anything wrong with that Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I'm wanting the Crosstrek with the CVT and no turbo.

That was my wife's first Subaru. Basically a lifted Impreza hatchback, with a bit more interior space than the Impreza. She liked it, but wanted more power, so now has a WRX. I like the "zoom" factor of the WRX, but dislike that it's more cramped and lower to the ground than her old Crosstrek. Even the Crosstrek was a little small for my taste.

My wife has a 2016 Limited. So far the only issues have been both rear wheel bearings were replaced under warranty and it needed an alignment twice. She has 65k on it.

We replaced the Yokos with Michelin Premiere LTX when they were due and they wear way too fast. My Michelin Defender LTX on my 2010 are much better tires. Next time I will get the, just in a non-stock size since they do not come in the same.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new Subi. I have a ‘14 Forester and we are buying a ‘19 Outback in November. I’ve never handled a better car in the snow. I have gone hunting in the Adirondack mountains with my Forester and I’m in love.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else had the issue of once a year you have to replaced the daytime running/low beam bulbs? Without out fail on my 2011 outback during winter I always have to change a bulb. And course it's even more enjoyable by having to remove the tire and fender well skirt....

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods62:
Has anyone else had the issue of once a year you have to replaced the daytime running/low beam bulbs? Without out fail on my 2011 outback during winter I always have to change a bulb. And course it's even more enjoyable by having to remove the tire and fender well skirt....

So far with our 2015 Outback, we've not had to replace on of the bulbs.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Weathertechs bought and installed.

Retractable cargo cover on the way.

Tint next week.

So far, I've already disabled the Lane Assist feature in Eyesight. I don't need my car yelling at me every time I deliberately move over to avoid a pothole, skunk, disabled vehicle, etc. I'm not a Snowflake with my nose buried in my phone, so I don't need a reminder from my car to look up and correct when I'm drifting out of my lane.

But Adaptive Cruise Control is nice for highway driving. And the Obstacle Detection could conceivable save my butt someday. So Eyesight isn't a complete bust.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My ‘15 Legacy didn’t have Eyesight as an option. I wish it did.

No issues so far with my Subaru in 62k miles.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I don’t like that anemic motor. Outback, get the 3.6. If going to the Forester, get the XT. I’d take the Outback between them both. I can get you either at cost buying new.

Can you still pull the rabbit out of the hat - We are ready today. Dredged up the old Thread - I remembered your offer and wondering it you are still connected.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post