SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CNN Host Who Attacked Trump For ‘Spy’ Tweets Once Claimed Fox News Was ‘Spying’ On Him
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CNN Host Who Attacked Trump For ‘Spy’ Tweets Once Claimed Fox News Was ‘Spying’ On Him Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
'I was a reporter on the beat, they were actually spying on me that way.'

Federalist
Rachel Stoltzfoos

CNN host Brian Stelter claims President Trump is promoting a “full-fledged conspiracy theory” by referring to the FBI informant on his presidential campaign as a spy. Of course Stelter knows full well what a spy is, and that the FBI used one on Trump, but a complaint he lodged against Fox News in 2016 nicely underlines the absurdity of his argument.

Stelter was outraged to learn in August 2016 that a woman he dated who worked at Fox News was actually an informant for the network. He was quite concerned at the time about the implications of the network “spying” on journalists.

Here’s how he described the duplicity, according to HuffPost:

“About 10 years ago I had a crush on a woman at Fox News. She was a low-level staffer. I was in college at the time. So I was going out on what I thought were dates. Chris, I thought these were dates. These were not dates. She was actually reporting back to Fox News about me. Because I was a reporter on the beat, they were actually spying on me that way. …

Now I didn’t think that was a big deal at the time. I thought it was the way Fox operates. Fox is a political organization. But now we know they were actually sending out private investigators. They were tailing other reporters.”

Informant equals spy. Got it. Now jump ahead to 2018, when Trump is outraged to learn someone on his campaign was actually an informant for the FBI: “SPYGATE could be one of the biggest political scandals in history!”

Stelter accuses Trump of pushing conspiracies.

From his hot take:

In many of President Trump’s comments about an alleged ‘spy’ in his presidential campaign, there’s a tell. Usually it’s the word ‘if’ … The caveats give him some wiggle room while he’s promoting a full-fledged conspiracy theory. … What IS true is that the FBI used a confidential source to talk to Trump advisers after the bureau became suspicious about Russian interference in the 2016 election.
But Trump’s leap to ‘SPYGATE’ isn’t supported by the publicly available facts. … Readers and viewers are left with the overall impression of a sinister plot against the president.

If Stelter really believes this, a revision of his Fox News complaint is in order.

The network didn’t send a woman to spy on him. She just turned out to be spending time with him under false pretenses in order to surveil him, secretly record his behavior, and send her notes back to headquarters.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
She just turned out to be spending time with him under false pretenses in order to surveil him, secretly record his behavior, and send her notes back to headquarters.

Sounds a lot like dating to me.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox News spying on a college student? Seriously???

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stelter was outraged to learn in August 2016 that a woman he dated...
Nope. I'm calling fake news right there.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Stelter? Dated a woman?????

That guy is the biggest flaming prancer in all of CNN!!!! Fanny Bandit Deluxe!!

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

That and his claim in that combative interview with Kellyanne Conway that he "left the choice blank" when she repeatedly pressed him to disclose who he voted for in the 2016 Presidential election, are the two biggest laughs I've had this week with this clown.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

You mean, he was spending time with HER under false pretenses?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I heard a rumor that Stelter is going to be hosting a late night show on CNN called Rump Ranger Roundup. Supposedly, he'll have a co-host that they call "gerbil". Sponsored by Fire Island Resorts.

Any truth to that rumor?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s an incredibly high bar at a place like CNN. Big Grin

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post