SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy National First Reponder Day!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy National First Reponder Day! Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
Our favorite watering hole was giving out free cheeseburgers to anyone who is a First Responder today. Since I had dinner from there last night, I didn't stop.

So check in guys and gals. Tell us (if it doesn't violate OpSec), what you do and who you do it for

I am a Firefigher/MFR with my local paid On Call fire department. We run about 150 calls a year with most of them on the medical side of the house. We are non transporting

I also work part time as an AEMT for Michigan's largest EMS agency, Emergent Health Partners. We run ALS trucks.

Licensed in Michigan and Utah.

Be safe out there.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Many, Many years ago I was a EMT (no pay). Way to old for that now, but very thankful for those that are doing it. I was in need of there services, big time, almost a year ago now, and they came through for me. Likely saved my life. So a big think you to Brad and all for what you do for the rest of us.
Thanks,
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Former (no pay) EMT for 6.5 years in the mid 80s.
Thanks to all current and former First Responders.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am an EMT-B and work for an all volunteer Department. We provide service to our community of approx. 2300 people and provide mutual aid to surrounding communities. We have 140-160 runs every year, so not large enough to have a dedicated ALS unit. We do contract with a local Township for ALS runs.

I became an EMT at age 50 and was the youngest student in our class of four. Someone has to do it and it was my turn. My time coaching and teaching Sunday School was over, as my children were entering Junior High and High School, so I saw this as a perfect opportunity.

It is very rewarding and generally people are happy to see us.

There have been some very difficult runs as well, runs that will haunt me the rest of my life.

We live in a community where everyone volunteers in one fashion or another, ie.. The Rec Commission, Little League, Youth Football, Girls Softball, The Garden Club, The Historical Society, Boy Scouts, Fire, EMS, etc.... It makes our community very special for those who live here.

Thank you for starting this thread Brad.

Other First Responders, please check in.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post