SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Sealant for Chicago Brick Walkway?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Sealant for Chicago Brick Walkway? Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
I would like to use a sealer on my walkway which is recycled Chicago bricks. Does anyone have a favorite product?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have any pictures? I have a couple products in mind which we use professionally. Depending on condition size and budget restrictions, I would be more than happy to make suggestions.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'll take some pictures in the morning when it's light out. Thanks.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cobble Coat is what I see a lot of the professional sealing companies use here. The water based works best as the pavers get a lot of moisture from the ground up and the solvent based ones tend to turn milky/cloudy.

www.surfacelogix.net/cobble-coat.html

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture. It was just powerwashed but over the course of a year and especially during the summer rainy season in SW Florida, it gets filthy with mold and algae.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
No suggestions, but want to see suggestions. Have similar stoop on house in shade/moist area and same issues.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Will be following. We have a Chicago brick walk as well. I have to powerwash a couple of times a year.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cusingeorge
posted Hide Post
Seal Krete works well.

My tongue swore, but my mind was still unpledged.

Posts: 2196 | Location: Calumet, Oklahoma  | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I think I read somewhere that silica based concrete/brick sealers are better than acrylic based sealers.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post