SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Multi-blade razor options other than Gillette
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Multi-blade razor options other than Gillette Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
BIC throwaways do fine for me.

What I used when traveling cross country on the MC. Bags of Bic razors available at every Wallmart.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I use Harry's Razors and Dr. Carvers Shave Butter from Dollar Shave Club.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Dollar shave club

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Interesting that in the OP there’s actually only one alternative to Gillette’s blades for the Mach 3–the Personnas. The other links are all handles. Like Alan, I also have a supply of Mach 3 blades from a Costco purchase. My future decision is what to buy next, rather than Gillette. If there are blades compatible with the M3 handle, I might go that route—otherwise, it’s about what razor and blades to buy.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I tried the dollar shave club and didn't care for their products. I use Harry's and have been very happy.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I switched to Dorco from Gillette. I use the 4 blade version. I originally bought from Amazon, but buy direct now. If you get on their email list, they offer sales frequently.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
I’m using Walmart’s Equate five blade version. It may not be completely equal to the Gillette, but it’s ok for me.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a side note, you can have a reasonably quick shave using a DE. On a normal work day I generally do one pass and have a smooth professional face atleast until I get home. It doesnt take much more time if any than when I used to mach 3 it.

Now I definitely would say a straight would take you some extra time but not a DE.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using Harry's for about a year now, was previously using Gillette Mach 3.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got off the cartridge razor train and went back to the double edge safety razor method. Shaving is enjoyable now but a little more labor intensive. Shaves are close with a single blade vs. a five blade cartridge but glad I made the switch.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
DSC for several years now have suited me well.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post