New
Find
Notify
Tools

SUV Tires Login/Join 
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Another Yoko Geolander Guy here. Satisfied so far.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
The Michelin LTX as mentioned were a good tire on my wife's 2004 Pilot. Even better in the snow, rain, and highway driving have been her Nokian WRG3's.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just put kuhmo crugens on my 2012 liberty. They have been amazing so far (10k miles). Better than the Goodyear and coopers that have been on it.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michelin fan... whether it be car/truck/motorcycle.

Never had an issue with any of them and trust my life with them on wet interstates while on the bike.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah I like Michelins too, but the higher end truck tires are $200 or more. With that in mind I consider a few of the others, Firestone & whatever.

I realize one can 'get what they pay for'. There can be some benefits to switching into new rubber a year or two earlier also, verses the longest wearing tires. I had some car tires that were rated for very high mileage. They did have harder compounds, but if the wear got off, they got noisy with funky wear, 'feathering'.

The O.P. is away from most Winter driving conditions, possibly a factor. The 'Destination LE' is a reasonable tire for the $$.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
My wife’s AWD Equinox came with Michelin Latitude Tour tires and they have held up great. She runs mostly highway miles (25,000 miles a year) and at 54,000 miles the tires still look good.

They are not cheap but would buy them again if she didn’t just trade that car in.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We have the Hankook ATm on our 2011 Pilot. When I replace them I'm going with the Hankook Dynapro A/S. The ATm have gotten good mileage but I don't think we need the all terrain.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had some car tires that were rated for very high mileage. They did have harder compounds, but if the wear got off, they got noisy with funky wear, 'feathering'.

This is precisely why I'm ok with the expense of replacing every 30-35K and having better grip than being thrilled with the 60K I got on mediocre tires that were weak when new, worse when midway used and a noisy hot mess the last 10K.

It's a little more costly but worth it to me, punctuated by every instance I see of a car in a ditch in the rain.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
My volunteer fire department put a set of Bridgestone Duelers on the duty officer vehicle 2 years ago (Dodge Durango) and they have been excellent. The thing drove terrible before them, not it handles great.

2nd vote for those.

Used to put BF Goodrich Touring T/As on my Accord and loved 'em. So when I went looking for tires for the CR-V I put on BF Goodrich Long Trail T/As. Really liked them. Put them on my wife's TrailBlazer. She hated them. (I had to reluctantly agree they didn't seem to perform all that well.)

When it came time for new shoes for my TrailBlazer, did my homework, discussed it with my tire place (Discount Tire), and selected Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas. Terrific tire. Worked superbly on snow, ice and rain. Were relatively quiet on dry pavement, gripped well and seemed very stable.

So when my wife's TrailBlazer needed new tires again that's what we put on. She loved 'em.

The Jeep I'm getting has Michelins that are in great shape, but, when they wear, that Jeep's getting Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas.

quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I had some car tires that were rated for very high mileage. They did have harder compounds, but if the wear got off, they got noisy with funky wear, 'feathering'.

Not to mention tires with harder compounds tend not to do as well in rain.

Had a set of long-wearing Michelins on my Accord when I first got it. All it had to do was look like it was going to rain and traction went to hell. Hated 'em.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My 2012 Pilot just got a set of Yokohama, Ice Masters....instead of the normal Blizaaks I usually install. I simply could NOT rationalize what they want for the Blizaaks now. So did the Yokohama's with an instand $30 rebate and a mail in $60. So OTD after rebates I was under $600. The Blizaaks were over a GRAND.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post