SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    how soon before illinois is empty ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how soon before illinois is empty ? Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Too bad that a lot of those cars and UHauls will contain the Dem vermin leaving behind what they destroyed.
On there way to destroy somebody elses back yard.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And there is the problem

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bulldog7972,

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
You think it's bad now? You ain't seen nuthin yet. Wait until Illinois get's it's new Governor JB Pritzker and the Obama wannabe for Attorney General, Kwame Raoul. Think taxes in Illinois and crime rates are at an all time high? Just wait. Uhaul and the various moving companies do not have enough trucks and trailers to fill the demand that will soon be forced upon them to get people out of Illinois. Ever see those videos of people in bumper to bumper traffic on the Interstates in Florida as they try to get away from the hurricanes? That's what the highways in Illinois will soon look like only they won't be fleeing the hurricanes, they will be running for their lives trying to escape the Democrats and all they have created.

Good piece. Fact is U haul companies in Kalifornia right now are having trouble getting back their trailers they rent out to people leaving the State. Not to many people moving to Kalifornia now.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
Their voting roles say they are up 2,000,000 voters.

People in cemetaries have a hard time moving...

And in Chicago, they all vote Democrat.

Not all. There's a nice little red dot in the middle of all that blue! Seems that there's a number of city workers that vote for people with the (R).

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Les Baer left. LMT is leaving, Armalite is almost gone.

Here's a four month old op-ed from the paper on the IL side of the IA/IL Quad Cities. I'm on the IA side.

http://qconline.com/opinion/co...7e-3f96764bf784.html

Why Illinoisans are leaving the state

SCOTT REEDER Jan 11, 2018 (1)

The exodus continues.

Illinois dropped from the fifth-largest state to the sixth according to recently released Internal Revenue Service data. We’ve been edged out by Pennsylvania.

In 2017, the Land of Lincoln lost about 33,700 people.

That’s the equivalent of my hometown of Galesburg vanishing in one year. In fact, Illinois had the greatest numeric population drop of any state.

And this isn’t some demographic blip.

Illinois has been hemorrhaging people for years. In fact, since 2013, the state has lost 88,000 people.

Why?

Since I began publishing this column more than 15 years ago, I’ve received letters, emails and phone calls from that diaspora of former Illinoisans scattered across the nation.

They talk about the state’s high taxes and lack of job opportunities as the main reasons they left. Surprisingly, the weather is rarely mentioned.

But, hey, don’t just take my word for it.

The Paul Simon Public Policy Institute at Southern Illinois University conducted a study on the issue in 2016., It found that nearly half of the people living in Illinois want to leave the state. The most common reason cited was taxes.

The exodus of Illinoisans is a problem that compounds on itself.

When people leave they take their pocketbooks with them and that means less money is being spent and invested here. And that means fewer jobs.

And companies are also moving out of state because they, too, don’t like the Prairie State’s taxation and regulatory policies. Illinois has high workers’ compensation rates.

But when I’ve talked to some folks in the Illinois General Assembly, they’ll argue taxes and regulations have nothing to do with Illinois’ population loss. They point to the weather.

I’ll be the first to admit Illinois has crappy winters. But so do our neighbors and they are growing.

The same IRS study found that in 2017, Missouri gained 22,356 residents, Indiana gained 32,811, Michigan gained 28,866, Iowa gained 14,840, Wisconsin gained 22,566 and Kentucky held its own with a gain of 1,100.

It’s worth noting that every one of Illinois’ neighbors are right-to-work states, where workers cannot be compelled to pay money to unions. (Kentucky, the neighbor with the most modest population gain, adopted a right-to-work law in 2017.)

Businesses often prefer to operate in a right-to-work environment so that puts Illinois at a competitive disadvantage when competing for jobs.

Let’s face it, people follow jobs. And the job market isn’t what it should be in the Land of Lincoln.

That won’t change until Illinois lawmakers take action to lower taxes and workplace regulations.

Scott Reeder a veteran statehouse journalist, is a freelance reporter in the Springfield area and produces the podcast Suspect Convictions; ScottReeder1965@gmail.com.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I live in a "dot" within Chicago that votes Republican. I still don't trust my neighbors because I don't believe they are REALLY Republicans, just Dems that don't want there taxes raised, Too bad they support the people that RAISE there taxes and have for years.
The house of cards MUST fall for change here.
When Rahm is the best choice for Mayor and Ruaner the best choice for Governor you know the battle has been lost.
I have basically been retired for about a year now, I spend my spare time searching for a new place to live,Tennessee and Kentucky seem to be high on the list.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the food banks in and around johnson county Iowa see's on average of 4-8 new people from illinois every single week.

( I talked to three of them two weeks ago)

they come in homeless with the cloths in suit cases and 2-3 kids in tow

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I live in a "dot" within Chicago that votes Republican. I still don't trust my neighbors because I don't believe they are REALLY Republicans, just Dems that don't want there taxes raised, Too bad they support the people that RAISE there taxes and have for years.
The house of cards MUST fall for change here.
When Rahm is the best choice for Mayor and Ruaner the best choice for Governor you know the battle has been lost.
I have basically been retired for about a year now, I spend my spare time searching for a new place to live,Tennessee and Kentucky seem to be high on the list.

Rahm is NOT the best candidate for Mayor. That little fuckhead should be beaten to within an inch of his life then tarred and featherd and shipped back to whatever snakepit he slithered out from. I hate that cocksucker with a passion most can never understand. While the Daley organized crime family played a huge role in Illinois's demise, Rahm makes them look like a pack of Girl Scouts. He has done more to destroy the City than any one person I can think of.

Rauner? The best thing I can say about him is he's not Pritzker.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
But when I’ve talked to some folks in the Illinois General Assembly, they’ll argue taxes and regulations have nothing to do with Illinois’ population loss. They point to the weather.

You know you're out of excuses when the only excuse you have left is to blame God.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Moody’s Warns Illinois Governor: New Taxes Will Make More Residents Flee

New Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker got a warning of sorts from Moody’s ahead of the governor’s first budget address. The rating agency’s most recent report highlighted the usual crises Pritzker must tackle: ballooning pension debts and chronic budget deficits. Moody’s rates Illinois just one notch above junk largely due to the state’s finances and malgovernance.

Moody’s says new revenue likely will be required to achieve stability, as you’d expect, because rating agencies love higher taxes. But for the first time, the agency has included outmigration among its top-three credit concerns. That matters because Pritzker’s number one prescription to “fix” Illinois is tax hikes, something that’s sure to accelerate Illinois’ out-migration trend and further erode the state’s tax base.

Moody’s calls it a “conundrum” for Illinois. From their report:

“… the population loss and relatively sluggish employment trends suggest a degree of economic vulnerability that poses a conundrum: revenue growth from existing sources will be too tepid to offset escalating fixed costs, while new taxes could threaten to increase the outflow of residents.”

These new comments are significant because Moody’s has long considered tax hikes a budget-balancing option for the state. That’s not surprising since Moody’s priority is the well-being of bondholders, not taxpayers. The agency’s ratings reflect the likelihood that bondholders get repaid – and tax hikes make repayment more likely.

But that’s only true as long as tax hikes don’t destroy the tax base and, ultimately, make the repayment of bonds less likely. It appears the flight of Illinoisans has gotten so big that Moody’s can no longer ignore it.

Moody’s reported:

“From 2013 through 2018, Illinois lost 544,541 residents through migration to other states (net of people who migrated into the state). This number amounted to 4.2% of Illinois’ 2013 population, the third-highest ratio among states [see Wirepoints graphic below]. These figures, though partly offset by foreign immigration and births, made Illinois one of only two states to lose population in each of the past five years.”

Which bring us back to Illinois’ usual problems.

Moody’s writes that Illinois is already stretched to the limit paying for pensions – yet the plans require still more just to keep the debt from growing:

“Illinois faces burdensome – and growing – pension contribution requirements under state law, even though its annual pension payments are insufficient from an actuarial perspective.”

The ratings agency paints a grim picture, especially considering Illinois taxpayers have seen state pension debts grow by $80 billion over the decade despite a quadrupling in the amount of money they’re putting in.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...-make-residents-flee

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Moody’s Warns Illinois Governor: New Taxes Will Make More Residents Flee

Those idiots must not have played as kids:

You learn real quick the concept of the Law of Diminishing Returns.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Has Houston surpassed Chicago for 3rd largest city yet?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:

...and 44,000 people died.

Yet they still vote.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Hey, let's raise the statewide minimum wage to $15. The greedy corporations can afford it."

https://www.kwqc.com/content/n...5Hour-505396581.html

A New Bill Proposes Illinois Minimum Wage Raised to $15/Hour

MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) UPDATE: The Associated Press has released that a Senate committee has OK'd increasing the minimum wage in Illinois to $15 in six years. But, the bill still has extra steps to go through before being made into a law.

Illinois lawmakers are considering a plan to raise the state's minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour, but the plan is not popular with business owners in the Quad Cities Area. The bill is expected to be heard in a senate committee this week.

The quad cities chamber of commerce opposes the bill and fears it will affect the quad cities drastically. They created a survey for business owners in the quad cities, and 82 percent of them werey opposed to the idea.

Paul Rumbler, President & CEO of Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce said, "We're communicating to our legislators the impact of the proposal, so that way they understand the dynamics of the Quad Cities a little better. We view the Quad Cities will be impacted differently than some other portions of the state. But we think border communities will be hit hard by this proposal because it's easier for them to move their business or someone else to go to another store - like in Iowa."

Other business owners were undecided about the bill, and could see both sides of the issue.

Bar owner of Pub 1848, Ashley Smith said, "I'm on the fence, and in this industry, I think it would affect some small business owners actually. I think from the ownership side of it- just because the taxes are higher in Illinois, employment, property, city taxes are higher than in Iowa, so you're already running your business at a higher percentage of cost, so you're going to over double your minimum wage."

They think that taking a smaller step towards the $15 would be ideal, and that way it wouldn't change the economy in the Quad Cities quite as much.

"I mean, $12-13 something's better than nothing, I think we should meet somewhere in the middle" explained Lynn Brook, employee at Legend's Bar & Grill.

They all hope legislators will take the Quad Cities into account when making the final decision.

The bill is still in the early stages, but if it's approved, the minimum wage would be raised over the next four years.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I think they will run out of money before they run out of people. Smile

That occurred two years ago.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
The city of Chicago is the problem, cut out that cancer and the rest of the state is fairly conservative.

I’d go a little larger.
Cook, Lake, DuPage, parts of Will counties.
Lots and lots of liberals and their bullshit in the north east corner.

Unfortunately, you, Bulldog, I, and a few others are stuck here because of “residency”.

The light at the end of the tunnel: In 3 years, 2 weeks and 1 day, I CAN GET THE FUCK OUTTA DODGE! Not that I’m counting or anything....
Now, it’s between Wyoming or Tennessee, Texas is on the short list as well.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping somebody can begin a Commonwealth of Virginia - style of investigation into Pritzger.

The FEEBs apparently are already working on Madigan and probably a few others (Already! Roll Eyes Decades too late!).

I'm still working on getting my GF to agree to move.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
As long as the liberals stay there I am fine.

Problem is they don't stay here, they move to the conservative states and are changing them to a Liberal state. Like locusts they destroy and move on. Watch out Texas, they have there moving vans headed your way.
Oh, a lot of them are already here! Austin, Houston, and even Dallas have been heavily invaded by Libtards. I think most of them are from California, but there may be some from the east coast.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12674 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Reading the posts in this thread with great interest. New York State is similar. Our tyrant governor can't admit the tax revenues collected are shrinking because people and companies are leaving, and state spending on all sorts of progressive programs is rising exponentially. All sorts of stupid going on here.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post