SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you are going to commit a crime, don't be a sore thumb.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you are going to commit a crime, don't be a sore thumb. Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
17 year old punk thought he was disguised. It took 1 day to find him. Oh, and he has been arrested 15 times.

https://www.local10.com/news/c...in-north-miami-beach

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It is Saturday morning and I am not fully awake yet, so maybe I'm not braining too well yet.

I don't understand the reference to the "sore thumb."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

The expression is that something “stands out like a sore thumb.”
Ever since I was a little kid I have wondered why a sore thumb was so obvious, but then I questioned a lot of expressions that were common in my youth.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"... sticks out like a sore thumb."

He is that obvious!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Bingo!

LR, you need more coffee.

quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

He is that obvious!!

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
When one has been arrested 15 times in one's young life, one can expect one's face to be known to the local constabulary. Particularly when one robs a guy at an ATM, all of which have cameras...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested....

Either the author of the article intended to make the adult-behaving murderer out to be misguided child or the author intended to deliver a racial bitch slap of the first order.

I'll hope the latter, knowing it was the former.

There was a time when this level of evidence would result in a 17-year old being hanged 30 days after conviction. Instead this piece of shit will lived for decades being fed and warehoused at the expense of the law abiding.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
boy

Who you callin' BOY?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Bingo!

LR, you need more coffee.
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

He is that obvious!!
Like I said, it was early and I was still on my first cup. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

The expression is that something “stands out like a sore thumb.”
Ever since I was a little kid I have wondered why a sore thumb was so obvious, but then I questioned a lot of expressions that were common in my youth.

Because it's big and red/purple after you hit it with a hammer, close a door on it, have a Garand mishap, etc, etc. Big Grin

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
He killed someone. Sadly, I wonder if he will even do two years before he is paroled.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
John, he needs to be shot and pissed on. In front of his mother.

quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
He killed someone. Sadly, I wonder if he will even do two years before he is paroled.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"The city of North Miami Beach will not tolerate this type of behavior," Rand said."

"Records show that Hill has been arrested 15 other times in South Florida since 2011"

Apparently you will tolerate it.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
2nd degree murder charge?

If killing someone during a robbery is not 1st degree, then what is?

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
2nd degree murder charge?

If killing someone during a robbery is not 1st degree, then what is?
Pre-meditated?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Is Rand suggesting that there are some places where murder is acceptable behavior and is tolerated? Maybe if you and your colleagues had done their damned jobs and kept this piece of trash off the streets, Mt. Steve would still be alive today.

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
"The city of North Miami Beach will not tolerate this type of behavior," Rand said."

"Records show that Hill has been arrested 15 other times in South Florida since 2011"

Apparently you will tolerate it.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post