SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need help posting pictures.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need help posting pictures. Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
I want to upload pictures to the classified forum.

I am somewhat computer illiterate.

explain simply and I will write it down this time.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
First you need to find somewhere to Host your picture. This is another site like IMBGUR that hosts the image and allows you to link your image. Once you upload a pic to your site you should be able to copy a link to the pic or an embedded link to your pic. A ling provides a link to your pic, an embedded link displays your pic.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need literal step by step help.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Read This Thread -> https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6470098434 Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
First, find a photo hosting site (PHS). I use ImageShack.com. $18/year for unlimited storage (also supports avatars). Upload your photos to the PHS.

On the PHS, get the URL for that photo. Then paste that into your post surrounded by IMG and /IMG strings (hard to show that literally).

ImageShack lets you scale down the image size suitable for a post. For PHSs that don’t provide that facility you’ll have to upload a suitably sized image.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Postimage works well and is so easy to use I was even able to figure it out

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask Kevin CW if you want your avatar blurred.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Postimage works well and is so easy to use I was even able to figure it out

This. So easy and it's free. Hard to beat that.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Ask Kevin CW if you want your avatar blurred.

Big Grin

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post