SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm dropping out for a while...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm dropping out for a while... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
No news. No TV or current events. I'll just be spending time with my GF and my dog. There's a lot of yard work to be done and plenty of projects around the house. Lots of 19th Century novels to be read and music that needs to be listened to.

Catch y'all later!

The World Is Too Much With Us
William Wordsworth, 1770 - 1850

The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon;
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers,
For this, for everything, we are out of tune;
It moves us not.—Great God! I’d rather be
A pagan suckled in a creed outworn;
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,
Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;
Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Jim, if you read this...take it easy...check back in when you feel the need and enjoy Smile...I totally understand...take care my friend.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
l8r, d00d!

I know the feeling. I've bailed on Facebook entirely and I'm thinking about staying out of the lounge and foregoing the nightly "news."

Hitting burnout.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Chill, friend. See you after your vacation! Cool

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Very wise, Jim.

It's got me thinking....

Enjoy, and see you when I see you. Smile

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I recommend the following...
- a lake
- a boat
- beer
- a fishing pole
- tackle box

Fishing pole and tackle box are optional

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
See you on the other side (22 August) Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
We'll keep the light on, Jim.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
I think I will heed your advice myself. Enjoy. Cool

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Catch ya on the flip side. Just let us know your proper gender identity when you return. Razz

Actually, part of me wishes I'd done this 12 years ago. The other part knows I lost 10 years of having fun stuff under the Clinton AWB because I didn't pay attention for about 4 years before it.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Jim with both a GF and dog you are covered so enjoy what you have! Come back when you feel the urge.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will miss my favorite druggist and sex fiend. Enjoy your humor a lot.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Have fun, Jim. Looking forward to seeing you back here.

Right after the 2012 election I pulled the plug on TV and internet news for a year, severely curtailed the use of my email accounts and took a break from Sig Forum. It was one of the best things I've done to re-calibrate my brain and outlook on life.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
- a lake
- a boat
- beer
- a fishing pole
- tackle box

Fishing pole and tackle box are optional

You left out "girlfriend" and Merlot (the standard Poodle...and maybe the wine) Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd do that, too, but I'm afraid of what may happen while I'm gone. See you soon!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
But but... where are you going to go to get you daily dose of bad advice?
Along with all the good advice of course. Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I left the whole cycle thing a few years back. Only SF to the greatest degree for much of the news or event type stuff. Even avoid the threads on here on such stuff for the most part. Has been soooo goood. So I hear ya. The GF, dog, and hopefully peace and quite of the place. Enjoy!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
- a lake a House
- a boat a bed
- beer/wine
- a fishing pole
- tackle box

Fishing pole and tackle box are (still) optional

You left out "girlfriend" and Merlot (the standard Poodle...and maybe the wine) Big Grin

If Girlfriend is involved, see edits above....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Be blessed.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post