SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video of dangerous dirt bike stunt in California launches investigation
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Video of dangerous dirt bike stunt in California launches investigation Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
What an incredibly reckless and stupid thing to do.
Investigate / Arrest / Prosecute

I agree

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Report This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Controlled flight and a knucklehead on a dirt bike are totally the same, brah.

Good point. I'll go research which one has killed more innocent bystanders.

It's probably dirt bikes, cause planes have rules n shit.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
$100 fine and call it a day.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
Controlled flight and a knucklehead on a dirt bike are totally the same, brah.

Good point. I'll go research which one has killed more innocent bystanders.

It's probably dirt bikes, cause planes have rules n shit.

Roll Eyes

Make sure you research how often each occurs as well.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
With all the drone footage, was there a decent shot of the landing?

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The whole point of jumping a freeway was to show the world what a "badass" rider he is by doing something that could go horribly wrong, not just for him, but for others. He willfully put others at risk for the sake of getting views and gaining fame. Maybe some of you who are fine with it would be equally fine if someone else wanted to showcase their marksmanship skills by shooting hats off of people you care about, without their consent, and putting it up on youtube. I suspect it more likely you'd be inclined to return fire.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
There it is.

We've devolved from an attention whore jumping a dirt bike over a highway - which is probably illegal and definitely stupid, (but not all that dangerous to the motorists below) and equated it to shooting at people's heads.

And y'all thought my airplane analogy was bad.

Big Grin

I'm out. Goodnight guys.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Not equating it, just applying the "if nobody gets hurt, it shouldn't be illegal" argument to another even more absurd scenario. And BTW, the jump did put other people's lives a risk.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
flying a drone over a public place...wonder if he had a license to operate that drone?

wonder if he had a permit for that flight?

$25,000 fine and a year in jail for the operator

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I wonder if any of those people driving under him were texting at the time.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
909er

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
"Authorities"......I don't like that the rider did a dangerous thing that could have gone really bad. What I don't like more is that 'authorities' must prosecute based on what could have happened rather than what did happen. Think of where that road ends.

Yeah, it's a common fault of our system, the carrying too far of the notion that the State was somehow injured when some rule is broken but nothing bad actually happened, and the carrying too far of the notion that this sort of punishment is meaningful or productive in any real way. It elevates the State to being more important than the people in a useless and unhealthy way, and is a silly blind adherence to a rule just because. I feel similar about various traffic violations. In the grand scheme of the universe and everything, it means nothing and hurts no one if Bob california-stops a 4way stop at 2am when there isn't another vehicle anywhere nearby, for instance. It's just bad / excessive rule making, that accomplishes nothing actually positive and just adds to the levels of bullshit.

We ought to be smarter than that.