SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kid I know shot himself in the head this afternoon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kid I know shot himself in the head this afternoon Login/Join 
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
This breaks my heart. Prayers for his family.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I lost my closest friend to the same thing 9 months ago. I hope your nephew's friend pulls through, and that the boy, your nephew, and all those who are affected, find peace.

PorterN, just a little up the page:

quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
Update

He did not make it. Please keep all of his family and friends in your prayers. It is rough when a young kid takes his/her life.

This really sucks. I believe God has a plan but sometimes it is really hard to see.

Guys, please read threads before responding. It's awkward when you don't.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My prayers go out to his family and friends

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
My heart aches. The pain that the family and those close to them must be indescribable.

Prays for all of those affected.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The most awful feeling in the world. Prayers sent.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for peace and comfort sent from Wisconsin.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Porter

I understand. No issues. It is just a tough day for a lot of us.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I can’t fathom a 12 year old kid doing something like that. I have 2 grandkids that age that are full of life and so innocent.

My prayers for the family.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry. Sending prayers.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Pretty much cannot grasp a 12 year old doing this. Is it even possible for a youngster to make such a decision ? Maybe he didnt intend to shoot himself.

There will be a time for questions and discussion, but let's take it easy on Herkdriver and give it some time.
Yes sir, hope I wasn't out of line here Arc. Never been very good with words. Sorry for what you and the families are going through Herkdriver.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your anguish and that of Drew's family and friends.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Pretty much cannot grasp a 12 year old doing this. Is it even possible for a youngster to make such a decision ? Maybe he didnt intend to shoot himself.

There will be a time for questions and discussion, but let's take it easy on Herkdriver and give it some time.
Yes sir, hope I wasn't out of line here Arc. Never been very good with words. Sorry for what you and the families are going through Herkdriver.

I'm just nipping in the bud. There is a time for discussion, after the dead are at rest, is all.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Suicide is always tragic, but for one so young it is even more terrible.

I am praying for you and your family.

Be very watchful of nephew. Suicide is contagious.

God bless and protect.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Herkdriver,

I am so sorry for that young man, his family, and all those that loved and cared about him. I have a son about that age, and am a Scout leader, so I interact with many young men his age. Absolutely heartbreaking. My prayers for his survivors and his soul.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm praying for peace & comfort for all those affected by this. I'm very sorry.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Ouch, sorry Frown

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I pray for God's peace and comfort for his family and friends. Such events are always difficult to handle.'

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry. I cannot imagine the pain. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
BIL was outside working on his lawnmower, heard the mother's screams when she found Drew. He got there before the first responders, held Drew's hand and prayed over him.

BIL is a good man. Among the others, I hope he is ok.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for all.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post