SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kid I know shot himself in the head this afternoon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kid I know shot himself in the head this afternoon Login/Join 
posted
12 years old. He is my nephew's friend. I usually eat with my sister once a week and he was over there all the time so I know him fairly well. He has some long term health issues and is on anti-depressants. Kinda goofy but a good kid. He lives across the street from my Sis and BIL. BIL was outside working on his lawnmower, heard the mother's screams when she found Drew. He got there before the first responders, held Drew's hand and prayed over him. Drew was still talking at that time. Latest info is he is critical and in surgery.

If you believe in God a few prayers would be in order. If not send some good vibes the kid's way.

Please, if you have children make sure they do not have unsupervised access to firearms!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Prayers on the way. Bless this child and family.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Absolutely terrible. Prayers.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Difficult to hear this, prayer on the way for the kid and family..

I would also add in prayer that he gets the proper help for the future.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent up. Praying for a full recovery for the kid. And peace to everyone affected by this tragedy.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrible. All our prayers.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for Drew.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update

He did not make it. Please keep all of his family and friends in your prayers. It is rough when a young kid takes his/her life.

This really sucks. I believe God has a plan but sometimes it is really hard to see.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Prayers for his recovery and then again that he finds peace thereafter.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Horrible story.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Pretty much cannot grasp a 12 year old doing this. Is it even possible for a youngster to make such a decision ? Maybe he didnt intend to shoot himself.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Be with God Drew. Prayers for all family and friends.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Hoping for the best.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Pretty much cannot grasp a 12 year old doing this. Is it even possible for a youngster to make such a decision ? Maybe he didnt intend to shoot himself.

There will be a time for questions and discussion, but let's take it easy on Herkdriver and give it some time.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Praying for him.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the young man, his loved ones and all involved.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
So very terrible to read this thread. Prayers given

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I lost my closest friend to the same thing 9 months ago. I hope your nephew, and all those who are affected, find peace.

edit to add: My apologies. Its never an easy thing, and there are a lot of opinions and endless emotions regarding death, and Especially suicide. I skimmed the thread and failed to read the update. I am very sorry.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post