SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How does your state interface with ICE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does your state interface with ICE Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Do they assist/turn illegals over or not cooperate at all?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cant vouch for the rest of Michigan, but here in the Yoop, they get booted out pretty quickly.
We even booted out some Russians a few years who left us an old Russian cargo jet.
We still have it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Dunno about the rest of the state, but King county (Seattle area) tells ICE to jam it because they want illegal aliens beating and raping wheelchair-bound women in front of their kids, which happened here a few months ago. Guy was a repeat offender, was arrested and immediately released and then went back and beat the woman in front of her toddler and threatened to stab her to death if she pressed charges. Pretty sure he’s still here.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
2 counties in NJ are suing the State for Gov/attorney gen statewide directive to NOT cooperate w ice. The Progressives anticipate losing on NJ S/c. The Dems lost 7 seats yesterday in the Legislature. Should have lost them all, But "Look for the Union Label"

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday there was a vote in Tucson, Az. about making it a sanctuary city. It went DOWN.... 71+% of the voters said HELL NO!!! I wasn't sure that there were still people in Tucson that could think with their brains instead of emotions.....well, there are!!! A great day for Tucson!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Not worth a darn. Frown

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I'm in CA so.............not so much.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Yesterday there was a vote in Tucson, Az. about making it a sanctuary city. It went DOWN.... 71+% of the voters said HELL NO!!! I wasn't sure that there were still people in Tucson that could think with their brains instead of emotions.....well, there are!!! A great day for Tucson!!

That's good news. Tucson has suffered under a liberal minded government for as long as I can remember. Sheriff Clarence Dupnik served as Sheriff from 1980-2015. Dupnik was a staunch Democrat and a vocal opponent of SB1070. Current Sheriff Mark Napier is a Republican which hopefully will change things.

And remember that CA voters voted to return the death penalty only to be overturned by Newsome. The voters mandate is often ignored.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Mecklenburg County Sheriff (Charlotte, NC) won't honor ICE detain requests and let's illegals out after they serve whatever sentence/fine they get unless ICE presents an arrest warrant.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6726 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I pretty sure that most counties in Virginia support and have/use the 287g / Immigration policy.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“ICE operates in West Virginia all the time. All the time. There aren’t great numbers on state-by-state arrest data by ICE. But by the best numbers we can find, West Virginia appears to be -- given the tiny population of the state per capita -- the place where the highest number of ICE arrests happen in the United States,” Joseph Cohen, Director of WV ACLU.

I’d be proud to say WV works with ICE.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Tucson is interesting as its the home to a large CBP/ICE of about 4800 employees. They share a corner of the Davis Monthan Air Force Base.

I've never been able to understand the mindset of these people - you talk with a few of them and they're absolutely serious about helping illegals, misdirecting the police and ICE, doing what they can to hinder law enforcement - its this attitude that is very prevalent here and its ingrained - I really think these people are defective.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Where I used to work in NC, the sheriff is in charge of holding or releasing ICE detainers on people we put into jail. For decades Wilson county had a Democrat sheriff, he was a good ole boy kinda guy...I’m sure he had plenty of chronyisim and did some possible shady stuff..but he let the law of the land prevail...if I had a suspect and had a detainer(which is not a warrant in the legal sense) the magistrates held them with no bond until ICE/BP could get the guys...and typically they got held, tried, sentenced and the term served before the guy would be deported.

All that changed day one when a new sheriff was elected about six years ago...new sheriff was/is just really really bad...all the way around, now mid you I worked with him when I was a detective and he was my counterpart st the sheriffs office, but he lost his mind when he was elected. He has mismanaged the dept since his first day. And now people with detainers issued are routinely released early to avoid them being turned over to ICE.....not all 100 counties are like this, but many of the Democrat sheriffs follow the dem herd.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
As little as possible. They went so far as to take away the ability of law enforcement in the state to even look to see if a person has warrants from ICE.

Very little would please me more than watching Jay Inslee get perp walked into an FBI van, but I'm sure that will never happen.

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 380Swift:
Very little would please me more than watching Jay Inslee get perp walked into an FBI van, but I'm sure that will never happen.

Add Turd Ferguson and change “perp walked” to “frog marched at bayonet point” and that’s about where I’m at.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Utah does just fine. Took a sex offender to jail today for not registering as a sex offender. Arrived and three ice vans were there with 15 illegals in ICE custody also getting booked in.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
NY....need I say more?

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NJ is full blown sanctuary state. The Governor, Phil Murphy, is lower than a three day old piece of dog shit that has been sitting in the sun.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

...if I had a suspect and had a detainer(which is not a warrant in the legal sense) the magistrates held them with no bond until ICE/BP could get the guys...

Slight thread drift: Can someone explain the difference between a detainer and a warrant? Is one civil and the other criminal?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

...if I had a suspect and had a detainer(which is not a warrant in the legal sense) the magistrates held them with no bond until ICE/BP could get the guys...

Slight thread drift: Can someone explain the difference between a detainer and a warrant? Is one civil and the other criminal?

When ICE issues a detainer request asking local law enforcement agencies to hold individuals after they are eligible for release, law enforcement is likely violating the Fourth Amendment, primarily because ICE detainers and warrants have wildly different procedural requirements, and confer fundamentally different rights.

Whereas a warrant requires review by a judge, a valid ICE detainer is issued by any ICE officer who determines there is reason to believe an individual is an alien subject to removal. This standard extends significant deference to immigration officials, whereas the Fourth Amendment warrant requirements extend protections to the individual.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...tainers-and-warrants