SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My gun club is making face shields.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My gun club is making face shields. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
The Howell Gun Club has several members with 3-D Printers making face shields for local first responders and essential businesses, the VG's mentioned is a grocery store. Here is an article from WHMI, a local FM radio station. I don't have a printer or the smarts enough to use one but if I did!https://www.whmi.com/news/article/howell-gun-club-covid-coronavirus-face-shield

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Shovelhead, can you get me the .stl file?

I'm sure my printer is slow, but I could probably knock out a few this weekend.
If your club has plenty already, I'd open up the offer to SF's medical/LE members.

Edit: I just remembered that I have one spool each of blue and red filament! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Shovelhead, can you get me the .stl file?

I'm sure my printer is slow, but I could probably knock out a few this weekend.
If your club has plenty already, I'd open up the offer to SF's medical/LE members.

Edit: I just remembered that I have one spool each of blue and red filament! Cool

Pm to be sent with contact info.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I was a member there for years. Missed it a lot when I left Michigan

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I bet Appliance Brad could use a few when he's working EMS calls

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I was a member there for years. Missed it a lot when I left Michigan

Been a member there since 2005. Nice club. When were you a member?

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I was a member around 2006 - 2010

LOVED the indoor range

I was also a member of the Linden Sportsmen Club

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The indoor range has been improved with upgraded ventilation and a pulley system for target placement. Dues have stayed the same but the initiation fee was lowered. Combine that with the 50 yard range converted to an outdoor pistol range also with a pulley system, a new IDPA range and archery program it's really a lot for the money.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Printing now, shovelhead!

Thank you for the opportunity to help. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post