SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Outlook 2016 won't sync calendar w/iPhone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlook 2016 won't sync calendar w/iPhone Login/Join 
posted
Hello guys,

I have spent hours trying to figure this out. For years I had outlook 2007, I would plug in my iPhone via USB, click sync in iTunes, and my calendar would sync both ways. Worked great.

I just got a new computer and with it Office 2016. I use Outlook but my company has an imap server, I do not use outlook.com. When I try and sync like before, it only puts appointments from my current computer onto the phone, not vise versa. I did make sure I was adding appointments in the correct calendar on the phone. I tried changing old appointments to the new calendar and adding new ones.

I tried using iCloud for windows (never used it before) and all the appointments showed up for n the computer but I can't make iCloud my default calendar. I get about 5-6 calendar invites a day and I have to manually move them to the cloud calendar. This is not a good solution.

Any ideas? Thank you!!

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds to me like a possible iTunes bug, or iOS bug in syncing the structured data.

You could try a different outlook install or removing your pst file.

Is this on a Mac or iTunes and office for Windows?

Are you running the latest iTunes and iOS versions?

Realistically, your only resolution path is to post on Apple's discussion forums, or wait for an OS/iTunes update to address it.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The calendar is not associated with the IMAP email account. It has always been a local calendar on the computer, that I then sync to my iPhone.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq18Hz:
It sounds to me like a possible iTunes bug, or iOS bug in syncing the structured data.

You could try a different outlook install or removing your pst file.

Is this on a Mac or iTunes and office for Windows?

Are you running the latest iTunes and iOS versions?

Realistically, your only resolution path is to post on Apple's discussion forums, or wait for an OS/iTunes update to address it.

-Freq

I am running the latest iOS. This is a fresh install of Outlook 2016 as well as iTunes, the computer was new and out of the box 2 days ago.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Before I retired and was still working in IT, I ran into this issue with some clients in that the calendar would not sync any more with Office 2013 and at that time it was an issue with iTunes not working with newer versions of Office/Outlook for that function.

By the time I retired only one client was still using iTunes to sync his stuff with Outlook and everyone else was using Office 365 or other hosted Exchange email.

You might try contacting Apple to see if anything has changed but I would not be too hopeful that it has.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post