SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you remember the first time you saw genuine crazy in real life?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you remember the first time you saw genuine crazy in real life? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Dated a hot gal that owned a cat once.

She had a twin sister that owned a cat also....

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That was a great story

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I liked the way it ended, kinda unexpected, y'know? I thought I knew where it was going and then boom, a twin with a cat.

Didn't expect that.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grew up on small farm not a lot of close neighbors. I was 11 or 12 and and my Dad and I were in pickup on way to deliver some corn to the mill. A man my Dad knew came running in road and calling my Dad.

He had tenant farmer who lived behind him who had fired his shotgun in the house and was standing on front porch covered in blood yelling. The sheriff had been called but they were not there yet.

The neighbor was worried about three kids and wife at the rental house. My Dad and the neighbor drove across the field stopped a 100 yards or so from the porch and made me lay down in seat.

My Dad left his gun in the truck ( he might have had a pistol in pocket he would never say).
They started talking to the man and slowly walking toward him still talking . The man was not drunk just mental collapse. Said he had shot his wife and was going to kill the kids and then himself. I was looking over the dash despite what Daddy had said.
\
They kept talking to him and he stayed on the porch. The deputy came and they got him to start crying and lay the gun down.

The kids came out screaming and they went with relatives when it turned out the wife was dead.

Dont think about it much any more but my Dad and the neighbor had some big balls.

The only thing my Dad would say about it ever was that the man went crazy son.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
I grew up with several sick relatives. I knew crazy before I knew normal.

I feel ya.....

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

?

Dear Penthouse......

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
I asked my Dad what he was doing. He only said stay away from people who are enraptured by repetition. No good can come from it.

You mean like NASCAR? Big Grin Suit On...

I've seen one bit of genuine crazy and it only made me sad. I knew I'd never need fear the individual for sake of my family; I guess the hurt or sadness came from seeing what, at the time I perceived as weakness or failure. Being a kid. Still saddens me now.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
There was a kid in my class in the 7th or 8th grade who was Col. Steve Austin, The Six Million Dollar Man. It was not a fun pose or just an occasional goofy act, he was Steve Austin all day, everyday. Did not drop character for the teachers, the principal, for nobody. Wore the same exact clothes every single day; blue jeans, blue jean jacket, and desert boots. He would make all of the sound effects associated with the show, run slow motion through the halls, again without dropping character. He quickly became the most infamous kid at school, and that is not easy at that age in a large public school.

He eventually just stopped showing up to school late in the school year. Nobody had a clue what happened to him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I liked the way it ended, kinda unexpected, y'know? I thought I knew where it was going and then boom, a twin with a cat.

Didn't expect that.

Maybe species-ism occults our meta-magical deconstruction of an unfamiliar narrative. In struth, the cats owned the twins. That's crazy...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I had a great Uncle, he had a PhD in Physics and specialized in nuclear physics. He was in the military during WWII and once discharged worked for an undisclosed government agency doing things that he couldn't talk about if you catch my drift. He also taught at several universities. Apparently while doing some 'research' someone made a mistake in a safety procedure and he got nailed with thousands of volts of electricity.

After that he had a break down and the government appeared with a white van and whisked him off to a VA where he received a LOT of shock therapy.

At one point, when I was 14 he explained in great detail and in terms that I could understand, special relativity. I understood it, all of it, he just had a way of making it easy to understand, even the math that was way beyond me was understandable.

Then he launched into a tirade that no 14 year old should EVER hear.... and I was quickly relocated to the living room and we left shortly after.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I was about 23 when I finally admitted my family was fucking crazy.

A violent drunk father.
A battered-woman syndrome without the battery mother.
One sister who is the most nasty bitch ever to trod this planet (she out does Hillary).
A drug-addicted sister whose addiction killed her.
Oh, and me. With my cat.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
There was a guy in highschool named Randy that claimed to be a vampire, wore a cape to school every day.
Randy the Vampire. Oddly, I feel no fear.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not my first crazy but, I met Jesus once. Yup, THE Jesus, according to him. In 1991 on I-10 at exit 200, W/B. He was hitchhiking and I stopped him for a field interview. He had the whole thing going for him, white(ish) robes, sandals and even a crown made of barbed wire jammed onto his head hard enough to make him bleed. Gave me his story about coming back to Earth and why he was here. Nice enough guy, even had a legit ID with his real name even though he said it was his alias. No wants or warrants so I completed my FI card and let him go. Don't know how, but he was gone within an hour.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I grew up pretty sheltered. The first time I remember seeing real crazy was when I was either an EMT or a paramedic. Dude in a house out in the country, had 2 hookers he found in a nearby city and got to come home with him. He went nutso after they got there and attacked one of them. When we got there he was sitting bare-assed naked beside a HUGE glass dildo.

Since then...I've seen a lot of crazy. Dated it a time or two.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I grew up pretty sheltered. The first time I remember seeing real crazy was when I was either an EMT or a paramedic. Dude in a house out in the country, had 2 hookers he found in a nearby city and got to come home with him. He went nutso after they got there and attacked one of them. When we got there he was sitting bare-assed naked beside a HUGE glass dildo.

I'm sure if someone shoved a HUGE glass dildo up your ass, you'd probably go crazy, too... Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhh.... Childhood memories. I had a distant female relative who was mentally ill and would wind up in the old Dayton State Hospital. My mother insisted on visiting her. Scared the crap out of me. I was about 10 at the time. When I later saw "one Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" I had deja vu! There was a bowling alley in the building. Very bizarre bowling!
Obligatory Cop War Story:
Got a call from some folks who reported their neighbor was yelling and waving a pistol around out in the yard. I arrived first and saw nothing going on. I walked up into the yard and.... surprise! A crazy woman came charging out of the house, armed with a Ruger .22 pistol. Only the sight of my rapidly drawn gun halted her advance toward me. She began screaming at me about how she wanted to die and pointing the pistol at her head. Meanwhile, the entire shift had taken up position in the street, ready to do battle.
Placing yours truly dead square in a crossfire!
So... how did this resolve? I saw her cat sitting in the window. I asked her who would take care of her cat if she killed herself. She took one look at the cat, lowered the gun to her side and broke down crying.
All's well that ends well.
And the Ruger? Unloaded. It was suicide by cop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
There was a guy in highschool named Randy that claimed to be a vampire, wore a cape to school every day. He was dead serious said he liked the taste of blood. The kid was wacked for sure.

Was Randy a ginger kid? Because Randy is the name of a ginger vampire, for sure.

I'm sure I met some crazies in my life before, but either I didn't recognize them as crazy, or I just forgot. But, one night I was covering a shift at some section 8 housing in Tacoma, some old apartment on Commerce. Not even sure why I was there, there was a sign-in sheet that guests had to sign, but they didn't, and I couldn't really make them, even if I wanted to. Your stereotypical security gig, sit there, don't fall asleep, maybe wander the spooky halls once or twice and try not to get killed by a junkie, or a ghost demon, or a junkie who thinks they're a ghost demon.

So there I am, middle of the night Tacoma, sitting in this swivel chair behind a desk, reading my book, when in walks this Hispanic dude talking on the phone, I don't see the phone in his hand, so he must have a Bluetooth. He's got a key so he lives here, and I pay him no mind, just nod at him, he nods at me, while continuing his completely normal, nothing to do with space aliens stealing his kidneys so Bill Clinton can eat it and gain the powers of Christ conversation and waiting for the elevator.

He gets on the elevator and leaves, and that's when I remember where I'm at. This is section 8, these people don't have money for cell phones, let alone Bluetooth capable phones, and the Bluetooths themselves. In fact, while I've been here, three people have come down to use the pay phone in the lobby. Further, I didn't see no blinking Borg attachments on the guy's head.

To nobody in particular, I said, "Oh, that man was crazy."

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
:raises hand:

Oh, we're talking about crazy?!?!

A girl that I was having ... regular extra-curriculur activities with ... eventually told me she had cancer -- ovarian, to be exact.

She'd have to leave sometimes to "go to chemo" and would usually come back with a bottle of wine and be ready for some more action. (Roll Eyes)

A couple of my friends would regularly be over at her place with me, hanging out. This was when we were all 20 years old or so and still lived with our parents. But this girl had a nice place of her own and was also two years older than us.

One time, when my buddy called her out on the cancer -- telling her she was full of shit -- she pulled out an x-ray and showed it to us to 'prove it'. Little did she know that, clear as day, it said along the top of the photo that the x-ray was for the appendix.

Made sense too, at that point, that the surgery scar she had to "remove the tumor" that she had previously shown us was actually just a scar she had from an appendectomy.

This is also the first time I was ever hit -- by either sex. She open-hand clocked both me and my buddy right after she realized she was 'outed'. My ears rang for a couple hours after that.

She was crazier than shit but she was fun as hell in the bedroom.

She moved to California eventually and when I was down there visiting a friend a couple years later she drove 3 hours to ... "stay the night" with me.

She's certifiably batshit crazy but has a great body and fake knockers. What's a young twenty-something year old to do?!

Of course, she couldn't get pregnant "because of the cancer", either. Thank god nothing ever happened with that. I cannot even begin to imagine.

She eventually went on to develop a couple drug addictions and even made the local news headlines a few years back for being a "serial car burglar" at children's Daycares -- she'd sit in the parking lot at daycares all over the county and, as soon as mommy got out real quick to drop her kid off at daycare (usually leaving her purse behind in the car), this whack job would snatch it.

They ran a bunch of video of her doing some of these crimes after she had been caught. All I could do was laugh. And of course feel bad for the victims.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Ive seen so many crazy people in my 15 years as a paramedic that I cant remember the first one I came across.

I had an ex girlfriend who used to dress her two Yorkshire Terriers in clothes. Like sweaters and shirts and crap. One day I came over and she had the male dog in a plaid shirt, she said "I dressed him in that cause it reminds me of what you wear." Now Ive seen plent of crazy, but that was letting it get too close. Got rid of her the next day... I knew she was a little nuts, probably why I was with her in the first place at that age, but that was just a bit too much.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post