SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An entire car full of future Darwin Award winners
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An entire car full of future Darwin Award winners Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wow, they really, really wanted to get somewhere.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
wow. they all seemed quite calm about it all and the road is kept rather clean that way Big Grin

is we sure it were a Land Cruiser ?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Two things I would never have considered mixing together a water fall and a road in one, interesting.

Then you haven't been to Afghanistan! Their roads are rivers.

My initial reaction to this video was hellz to tha no! But then, I realized being in the middle of a fast-moving river in a 14k lb armored HWMMV with water almost to the roof (looking under-water through the windshield), hoping the tires grab and you make it across 'cause swimming in body armor isn't gonna work well...yeah probably that dangerous. Eek

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Me thinks a competent road engineer did NOT work on this project.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Me thinks a competent road engineer did NOT work on this project.
Consider this--it may have been the BEST alternative!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Just remember that this place is the homeland of the Gurkha.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
To risk your life like that is nepalling to me!

>snigger< haha I did a double take

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like driving on Michigan roads, but fewer potholes.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Drive thru car wash!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
To risk your life like that is nepalling to me!

Big Grin

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

is we sure it were a Land Cruiser ?

Not entirely sure but based off of what I can see inside the vehicle and outside, it’s either a 70 series Land Cruiser pickup or a Land Rover 110 Defender pickup (neither available here in the USA). If they were available here, one would be my forever truck.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
That driver didn’t come with a working pucker meter?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else get that funny feeling in their stomach? I can only imagine how many cars/people have gone over the side with the water.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Just remember that this place is the homeland of the Gurkha.

tac

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And we think commuting to work is tough in America! Big Grin

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Is it like that year round, or was that taken after a torrential rain or monsoon or something ?

I’m sure that’s not how it normally looks.

Posts: 33799 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They probably look at our videos of us complaining of highway traffic and think, "what a bunch of snow flakes!"

The USA has become soft.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.....cannot....unpucker...sphincter....cannot....unpucker....sphincter....cannot.....

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
That was nuts, but the drive must have made that run before but what about a washed out road under that water? That was insane!

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Talk about no margin of error! Holy moly!

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post