SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A fitting honor on the 4th
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A fitting honor on the 4th Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
My grandpa's brother, Blaine, fought in WWII and was listed as missing in action in Italy in 1944. One of the people in the little community in Northern Utah where Blaine was from decided to honor him by purchasing a cemetery plot and erecting a memorial in his honor. He felt bad that Blaine never have a funeral. All of Blaine's siblings have passed, but several nieces and nephews are still living, and they are gathering today at the cemetery to dedicate the memorial. I thought that was a very nice thing to do.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Which cemetery?

Posts: 12427 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Which cemetery?

Riverside, just north of Tremonton. I seem to recall you're from Northern Utah as well, right?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post