SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Citigroup Becomes First Major Bank to Restrict Some Gun Sales
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citigroup Becomes First Major Bank to Restrict Some Gun Sales Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
https://www.bloomberg.com/news...s-business-customers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/c...by-business-clients/

https://www.americanbanker.com...stomers-on-gun-sales

"Over the last several weeks, I have had many conversations with clients, colleagues and friends who hold a range of opinions on the regulation of firearms in the U.S," Corbat said in the memo. "It is clear to me that most people believe there are areas of agreement and practical changes we can make to find common ground."

The new policy requires its clients to enact the following "best practices":

Not selling firearms to someone who hasn't passed a background check
Not selling firearms to anyone under 21 years old
Not selling bump stocks or high-capacity magazines.

The policy applies across the firm, including "small business, commercial and institutional clients, as well as credit card partners, whether co-brand or private label."

Citi is just the latest corporation to change its stance on guns or the National Rifle Association since the shooting in Parkland, Florida, last month that claimed 17 lives at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I was already committed to calling the NRA/ILA on Saturday with a donation. And now I am committed to not do business with Citibank.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
fools

I hear a lawsuit in the wind...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great - I think I will get a Citibank card and use it ONLY for firearms and ammunition purchases. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
high-capacity magazine

WTF is a high-capacity magazine? By whose definition?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Great - I think I will get a Citibank card and use it ONLY for firearms and ammunition purchases. Big Grin

That's what I did with my Costco Citibank card
Guns, ammo, mags and .... silencers
Phuck 'em!

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
high-capacity magazines.

What does this mean? I have standard capacity mags. These were designed by the manufacturer.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not selling firearms to someone who hasn't passed a background check

What have dealers been doing for the last 50 years?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another article says " By picking sides, CEOs hope to be on the right side of history." Where have we heard that before? Oh yeah, from Barrack H. Obama.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/2...trictions/index.html

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
high-capacity magazine

WTF is a high-capacity magazine? By whose definition?

More than one round? Smile

(I can't help it, I live in California) .

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10 November, 1775
Picture of MarinetoRN
posted Hide Post
I had a shittyBank credit card years ago. Couldn't wait to pay it off even back then. Now I deal only with Navy Federal Credit Union whenever possible.

SiGArm'd

P220ST X2, 1911 Revolution, P245, P229 RTTEQ/ST .40 X2, P226ST, Mosquito
Other weaponry not SIG

Glocks are ugly.
I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: August 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I was already committed to calling the NRA/ILA on Saturday with a donation. And now I am committed to not do business with Citibank.

If I had a Citibank card, I would use it every day for a month to give the NRA a small donation!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Not sure how you file, but donations to the NRA Foundation are tax deductible.

The NRA Foundation has made ensuring the legacy of hunting and the shooting sports our first priority. To preserve our precious freedoms, we must continue to provide funding to essential firearm-related programs of the NRA and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans.

To make a donation, call us toll-free at 877-NRA-GIVE, mail a check made payable to The NRA Foundation to the address below, or make a gift online using the form below.

The NRA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. The NRA Foundation Tax ID number is: 52-1710886

https://www.nrafoundation.org/donate/

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30 years with Citi and this is the end. Will figure out how to send the idiot a personal note tomorrow (there is no contact info to the presidents office), start to find alternatives and then cancel.
Bye bye CITI

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, what does this mean, exactly? If I place an order with CDNN or buy a firearm via Gunbroker, do they deny the charge?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
It might be a decade late, but.....

"BREAK UP THE BANKS"

there's a reason why large corporations like these are bad.....too much influence concentrated. It's like sleeping with your favorite 800lb gorilla...you may really like that gorilla, but when it moves to get a closer, it may just crush you.

Democratize the shit out of the banks and split them up. Glass-Steagall, bitches.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Damn. Just cancelled the NRA card from Omaha National, and got approved for a Citi Master Card. Now they do this shit.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure BOA talked about doing this a couple years ago and the backlash was so big that they quickly reversed course.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, what does this mean, exactly? If I place an order with CDNN or buy a firearm via Gunbroker, do they deny the charge?

The cowards have said they won't restrict cardholders purchases with a Citi card. In other words, they are trying to have it both ways. But they will lose. I can't imagine any 2A supporter ever using a Citi card to make firearms purchases and many will choose to cut them up. I'm livid that my company uses Citibank for our corporate cards.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
If I had known about this sooner I would have paid for my NRA lifetime membership with my Citi card

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post