SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now that Flash player is dead... question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now that Flash player is dead... question Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I had some simple free time killing desktop PC games that ran on Flash Player.
What will those type of desktop PC games be using now that FP is gone ?
Is there a recommendation for a site to downloadable games?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grumpy...

Online there are still a bunch of websites where you can play (for free) many of the arcade games you and I grew up with.

This is one such site. Just tried it and I played several games.

Online Arcade Games

Also, you can install a number of ROM emulators and download a bunch of ROMS so that you can play offline. I do not know the specifics of this and would have to research it, but I know people do it all the time. Also, you could get a cheap Raspberry Pie and make a dedicated arcade console.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
They are browser based games, but pogo.com has a decent selection of games. Paid subscription gets rid of ads and gives you some games not available for free,which is what I do.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’m looking for ones I can email in as we’re on an Intra-net with no internet for security reasons.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post