SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Royal Australian Navy ship HMAS Supply commissioned in Hobart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Royal Australian Navy ship HMAS Supply commissioned in Hobart Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
Smile

From the comments " They missed an amazing opportunity to play In The Navy by the Village People" Smile

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Haha, gotta love the Aussies Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Promising naval officers? Wow

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That. Is. F'n. Hilarious.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are the female officers on board....performing traditional dance...

Remind me again, how long has twerking been 'around'?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
At least it's not HMAS Boaty MacBoatface

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It turns out that yes, there was a dance troupe that twerked in front of the ship, but not for an audience of dignitaries as it appears.

From https://www.theguardian.com/me...ws-twerk-hmas-supply

quote:
101 Doll Squadron released a statement... blaming what they say was the ABC’s “deceptive editing” of a news clip, which appeared to show dignitaries present during their performance.

“We are very disappointed at the ABC’s deceptive editing of their video piece which cut to guests and dignitaries who were not in attendance, and shot from angles which could not be seen by the audience,” they said.

“We found this very creepy.”

101 Doll Squadron contested the timeline presented in the ABC’s news clip, saying they had performed before the formal event, and before the dignitaries arrived.

The ABC has also added a correction to the original story, which acknowledges the video was edited in a way that did not reflect the actual chronology of events.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Isn’t that special. ABC is such a “stand up” group of people.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Australia is fun. The Aussies I met there were pretty cool and wouldn’t hesitate to tell you EXACTLY what was on their mind. I’ll never forget telling an Aussie at the bar near our hotel that I liked one of the local beers. He responded “What!? Nah that’s a shit beer!!” and then went on to recommend a beer from the Gold Coast. Totally different from my expectations. If they had a better stance on guns & freedom and were not so obsessed with safety and putting up DUI checkpoints and speed cameras everywhere I’d live just outside of Melbourne.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ABC’s “deceptive editing” of a news clip

I'm shocked a news agency would do that. Shocked, I tell you.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a shocker....a news service misrepresenting events and editing them to push an alternative impression.

Where have I experienced that....?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Aside from the not surprising new media fraud, this incident reminds me of the American sub skipper that had a stripper perform on the sail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...670)#The_Go_Go_Dance
https://imgur.com/gallery/3XIysnc

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Ozzy Man Reviews look at it.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Thats just good clean family fun right there Cotton.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post