SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I've been shooting a bit lately, made a couple of changes to a rifle I keep close at hand and I wanted to check it for function.

I'm glad to see some people in the world waking up to the barbaric nature of some in this world, but it's not enough not nearly enough, not yet.

We have a president who couldn't manage to keep us secure in the highly unlikely possibility that he would actually care to even try to keep this nation secure.

We are on our own in the face of imminent danger. This is not simply talk. I am not some young man full of hyperbole. This is real. We in the United States now face guerrilla-style attacks from cells of these psychopaths, and we, each of us, are on our own.

The odds are against you encountering such a thing. This nation is so vast, the odds are astronomically low that you will be at the wrong place at the wrong time. For some reason I do not take comfort in this.

So, I've been shooting a bit lately, and today I cleaned my rifle and threw three extra loaded magazines in the bag.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Auxiliaryjohn
posted Hide Post
Good words for the coming hard times.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Posts: 2262 | Location: Dothan, AL | Registered: August 14, 2007Report This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
I totally agree Para. Better safe AND prepared than Sorry and Dead.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I used to not even think about carrying extra magazines...10 rounds in the G27 seemed like enough...now there's two extras in each vehicle and one on my person...one never knows Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Well Spoken

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
And the libtards would call that paranoia. Me, it's the same as having a fire extinguisher handy or using your seat belt etc.

Having a firearm that you are familiar with in a handy location is just a fact of life anymore. Having a firearm on my person at all times is nothing more than common sense. The odds are, as you stated Para, extremely small of ever needing those things I mentioned but I refuse to let the safety of me and my family fall onto anyone else.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Spot on Boss.

I deal with this on a regular basis. I have for quite a while now. The threat has ebbed and flowed but make no mistake that it has remained. Why this information hasnt been disseminated and kept in the public venue would no doubt fill many pages of discussion. I have a sick feeling that when it once again registers with the public it will be a hard wake up call.

Shame on all who have down played it for their own agenda.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Shot a steel match yesterday with my boys, and today they took their girlfriends to the rifle range to shoot the ARs I built for them for Christmas.
Preparing the next generation to protect themselves.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking along the same lines recently.

With as inexpensive as quality AR-15s are presently, I've encouraged my twenty-something sister to buy one so I can teach she and my wife to use them. Heck, I might just get her one.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I agree that the presidential entity has only a nominal interest, at most, in protecting our nation and citizenry.

The attack in Paris, barbaric enough itself, diverted attention away from a Boko Haram offensive in Nigeria. At least 2,000 people have been killed. The scourge of the Islam-supraemacists is terrible indeed.

Perhaps the kenyan fascist will send a tweet that he is thinking about sending a hashtag.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Werd...

Seriously...I have three of these Federal Mag Pouches I got on Amazon. A 2-Mag, 3-Mag, and a 4-Mag. Meaning I can CCW up to 9 mags spread around my waist. I'll just tell 'em I'm preggers... Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I used to not even think about carrying extra magazines...10 rounds in the G27 seemed like enough...now there's two extras in each vehicle and one on my person...one never knows Frown

Same here. Only carried the weapon, now I carry spare mags.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Words of wisdom. I have been shooting a lot more lately, and carrying more gear, for the same reason.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Report This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a few G/23 mags for my 27 and have those both loaded up.

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Dont forget the other lifesaving items too...

A handy med kit with a TQ and the knowledge to use it may be just as important as that xtra magazine.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree with these sentiments more. My hope is they get to some of the fervent "anti's" first. We would all be better off with fewer of them. Maybe that would wake up the "leadership" of the country.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20317 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yes, anyone paying attention and not emotionally or intellectually compromised, knows that something evil this way comes. We are arming up and blending in. We have been training and preparing gradually and quietly. We may never be completely ready though.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Primary, reload, BUG, reload, flashlight, knife.

10 years ago I didn't carry. 5 years ago I'd have thought a BUG a bit extreme.

Today I ponder strapping on an ankle gun for better access to one while driving, but a man with 3 guns on him would probably be labeled a gun nut in the press. But I guess better to be alive and a gun nut than dead and not.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Taking care of the mini 14? I agree with you. Had this discussion with my wife last night. While I don't think it will ever happen where I live, I am conscious of people migrating east from NYC and it won't be pretty if it happens. Kind of stuck here on the east end unless I can jump on a boat Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Shit, read Day of Wrath if you want to get nervous about the possibilites.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post