SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We had a house fire and had most of our stash was either soaked or subjected to heat.

That is in the process of being replaced and split up.

Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
After years of telling myself that I didn't really need one, this evening I finally put a fighting rifle on lay-away. It is a Colt M4A1 to be exact. I found a deal on one that I absolutely could not refuse. Even though it isn't officially mine yet I feel good just knowing I have my name on it and that it will be in my hands shortly. This summer I will be using any additional funds to purchase mags and ammo. I should have done this years ago, but better late than never I suppose.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Be Careful

Be Aware

Be Prepared

and always be armed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Tonight I got a shipment of 10 P-Mags. Loaded 4 of 'em.

All in, I have 150 rounds loaded in mags for the AR and 120 rounds loaded in mags for the Mini-14, with 1201 rounds in boxes to be loaded when needed.

I recognize that this is a lot less than a bunch of you guys, but it's a start.

I need to buy more ammo. Need a good deal on brass case 5.56.

Art-

I don't know if you're looking for ONLY 5.56, but for the sake of stocking up and target practice, I like Wolf Gold (brass cased) ammo. The-armory.com usually has case packs shipped in ammo cans for around $.31 a round shipped, +/- a few bucks. I've run a few classes with this ammo and never had issues.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I now carry an emergency medical kit tied unto my backpack with paracord. It contains N-95 masks x2, a head band that will accommodate my streamlight stylus pro (hands free lighting), a cpr mask, nylon gloves, 3 tourniquets, and a couple oropharyngeal airway wedges (perhaps 25-40% of people in my work place are very fat in New Orelans... their airways will collapse when unconscious). KY to go with the airways during insertion. There is so much violence and chaos that comes about that I figured i should "kit up" to be more prepared to save a co-worker's life or my own life should we be the victims of a random thug or mass murderer. If I'm lucky enough to put down the violent threat or have it run away, I can then render first aid to survivors.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Tonight I got a shipment of 10 P-Mags. Loaded 4 of 'em.

All in, I have 150 rounds loaded in mags for the AR and 120 rounds loaded in mags for the Mini-14, with 1201 rounds in boxes to be loaded when needed.

I recognize that this is a lot less than a bunch of you guys, but it's a start.

I need to buy more ammo. Need a good deal on brass case 5.56.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AP556M193

$320/1000 and free shipping for a good M193 clone.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
You are one hell of a friend!

[QUOTE I gave him a Springfield TRP Operator for Christmas so he brought that.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that that we've seen President Trump address the joint session I think it is appropriate to bring this back to the top.

We all know the agitators will start agitatin'.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
I spent this past weekend participating in my local Project Appleseed, earned my Rifleman's qualification patch (twice!), and helped coach two young girls improve their skills as well. All in all a good weekend.

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Be Careful

Be Aware

Be Prepared

and always be armed.

Ante Omnia Armari.
Words I live by and it's tattooed on my arm.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We make war that we may live in peace. - Aristotle

It seems like we're ripe for something here. A point will come when enough of us are weary of it and something will happen.

That's how it feels in this country right now. There is no common ground, nor, it seems, can there be.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We make war that we may live in peace. - Aristotle

It seems like we're ripe for something here. A point will come when enough of us are weary of it and something will happen.

That's how it feels in this country right now.

There is no common ground, nor, it seems, can there be.

I concur wholeheartedly! And it's a shame. Wife and I, friends, are so thoroughly disgusted with the whole political scene and current environment in America it makes us sick, depressed, and...more to the point...angry.
The blatant attempts of the MSM, the "Deep State" (if true), the freakin' ex-President, and even Trump's own party, to take this government (and our lifestyle) down is truly disgusting. Half the country doesn't work, won't work, don't want to work. Half the country have opinions polar opposites of ours. Continuing broken promises, seemingly by everyone, ref: Obamacare repeal etc.
Childish behavior amongst adults (recent Presidential address to Congress). Yeah, it seems something has to come down sometime.
We're not obsessed with "readiness" but do pay a lot of attention to situational awareness and current events.
Sincerely hope people come to their senses but it does seem that something has to give at some point.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Be Careful

Be Aware

Be Prepared

and always be armed.

THIS! always, this. A.L.W.A.Y.S.

posted Hide Post
A little article for you guys after you've cleaned your rifle.

Setting Up a Practical Combat Rifle

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
and always be armed.

THIS! always, this. A.L.W.A.Y.S.
It makes life so much easier - no "oh, I use my knife to fight to my pistol, my pistol to fight to my rifle" nonsense. Just "yeah, my pistol is right here, with me. Like car keys, like a wallet, like a cell phone".

Easy Peasy.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trying to anticipate what might happen: As the Democrats, MSM and some Republicans go after President Trump, demonstrations in support of Trump are going to get bigger and more frequent. This is likely to be the flashpoint-- violent counter demonstrations, in which those rallying for President Trump are attacked. (This has already begun to happen, yesterday in California, for example.)

But Obama and his toadies want sustained violent disorder. See Loretta Lynch's statement in the Trump thread. We are not divided geographically, North and South. We don't live in totally separate places or neighborhoods. If their goal is the sustained violence of a civil war, how do they accomplish this? Is it even possible?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Prices have dropped, that doesn't mean you quit stocking up on ammo, parts and guns.

I've added more ammo, more parts, etc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Trying to anticipate what might happen: As the Democrats, MSM and some Republicans go after President Trump, demonstrations in support of Trump are going to get bigger and more frequent. This is likely to be the flashpoint-- violent counter demonstrations, in which those rallying for President Trump are attacked. (This has already begun to happen, yesterday in California, for example.)

But Obama and his toadies want sustained violent disorder. See Loretta Lynch's statement in the Trump thread. We are not divided geographically, North and South. We don't live in totally separate places or neighborhoods. If their goal is the sustained violence of a civil war, how do they accomplish this? Is it even possible?

We cannot anticipate it, that wastes energy. Develop a family plan that will work in all conditions, then enjoy a physically active lifestyle if you can.

The communists want sustained violent disorder, they won't get it though. The vast majority of their followers are good at crying but not much else, they'll be really upset if they can't Xbox or iCrapple.

Remember the occupy movement, where is that now.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
We had a house fire and had most of our stash was either soaked or subjected to heat.

That is in the process of being replaced and split up.

Bought a pallet of .50 cal ammo cans. Split between 4 people.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ulsterman,

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
When I first started shooting, I asked an old timer how much oil he used on his handgun slide. He said, "Just one or two drops down each rail". That seemed like way too little. Back then I always drenched the slide until it was pouring out, like syrup squeezing out from between pancakes.

Last week I did a simple disassembly of the stainless PPK/S. Bought new, back for one adjustment a decade ago, perfect ever since. Except for a "chipped firing pin", which evidently rarely happens, and which Walther quickly replaced.

Just like the grey mustachioed old timer said, one ... maybe two drops down each rail after assembly, the gun held vertical with the slide locked open.

Work the slide, distribute the oil. A quick wipe, but practically no oil left the rail.

Then reload the magazine, wiping each cartridge with a silicone cloth. Can't hurt. In case there is a long time between use. Leave nothing to chance.