SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Another Friday boomp, dear friends Smile

While we have been given a wonderful chance, let us not forget to remain vigilant !

God bless ! ! !

Banned
posted Hide Post
My wife, Maggie (Moonglow on the SF), and I promised each other to spend 2 sessions a week working on home defense, in and out, for the month of Jan 2017.
Then 2 sessions per month practicing on something we both agree needs work.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Since the DF household is squared away in this regard, I have been evangelizing and mentoring others. Thursday I took a newbie friend to the range to try his newly outfitted AR for the first time. We learned his eyes will require an optic. I brought several from my various rifles Just in case and he preferred the Aimpoint. He'll pick one up next week. All in all he has followed my advice to keep it simple and light. He also learned that having a P30sk with a grip extension option and a full size P30 is redundant so he'll be selling his P30. Ready yourselves and help ready others.

That's the news on Lake Woebegone.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Just in the past year, I added two AR15's and a couple dozen magazines to the safe. I also have several thousand rounds for them plus at least a thousand for each pistol caliber and about 5k of 22 LR.
Not a lot compared to a lot of members here, but considerably more than I had a year ago.
I usually only keep enough on hand to take a trip to the range, so this was a major shift in my goals. Next year is mainly adding more ammo and taking some training classes.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Similar situation as Todd above. Last year I had one sbr'd AR. Now I have two and a 16", a ton more magazines plus some unexpected handguns I just couldn't stay away from. 2017 will be the year of ammo and training.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Seems like a good time to get this back to the top.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I've been to the range twice in the last seven days. I've upgraded the triggers in my rifles -- bought the triggers in Christmas sales but had not taken the time to actually install them until this past weekend. Bought addition mags this week too. Felt good.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A new month, bringing this back to the top.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Seems the schism in society is worsening...

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just took apart my AUG and cleaned and oiled it before putting it back together. Now I'll go load some magazines so I can go to the range tomorrow.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Then you'll just get it dirty, and have to clean it again.

quote:
Originally posted by pony220:
I just took apart my AUG and cleaned and oiled it before putting it back together. Now I'll go load some magazines so I can go to the range tomorrow.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
My daughter and her boyfriend, both from Massachusetts where here two weeks ago. Both have shot with me before, but this time there were in it for keeps.

We tried 6 different pistols, and they are now shopping for MA compliant 229s, 2022s, 938s, Mini-14s, and a Benelli Nova.

They both shot very well, tried out a couple of different scopes and red dots, and learned basic field stripping.

They are what would demographically be called millennials. They aren't. They are us. Massachusetts isn't lost yet, neither is their generation. They are in it to win it.

He is a computer software engineer for the largest data processor on the planet. She is in commercial construction. There is hope. Her mother has turned into a raging liberal, but the kids are all right, as are her younger two siblings.

I feel better than I have in years. They are fighters.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are pretty well packed at all times as far as our cars are concerned.
15 minutes away from all get home gear from both cars are in one.
1 hour away from all weapons and ammo loaded.
2 hours away from food for 6 months, bug out clothing,and all ammo in both cars
3 hours from complete bug out. 2 cars and a loaded trailer.

Yet, this is just an exercise as we plan to bug in, for now.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cleaning my two Beretta M9s, and a SIG or two..the AR needs lubing as well. Debating whether to get a .357 SIG X-change kit for the P320 or a 9....

posted Hide Post
Went out shooting Saturday. Came back and as I started breaking htem down realized that they were all super dry. No lube on them. I normally lube the crap out of my AR's, but was happy that I didn't have a misfire all day.

They're lubed up real good now!

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I took a friend to the range. It was his first time shooting. He has always been interested but did not want to begin the experience without the guidance of someone he trusted to show him the right way to handle and use a weapon. I gave him a Springfield TRP Operator for Christmas so he brought that. I also brought two of my ARs. After shooting his pistol for a hundred rounds and eventually out to 30-ish ft., I showed him about the AR. Now he understands why I say, "A handgun is useful to fight your way to your rifle." He loved the experience and plans to buy his own AR soon.

More importantly though is that he is committed to get professional training. I can only teach him the raw basics. One of those basics is that equipment is impotent without training and practice. He plans to get familiar with his gun(s) and then get some real combat training. So to the thrust of this thread, another good man has begun his journey to prepare himself for what is to come.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Be Careful

Be Aware

Be Prepared

Posts: 107575 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Be Careful

Be Aware

Be Prepared

Always.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tonight I got a shipment of 10 P-Mags. Loaded 4 of 'em.

All in, I have 150 rounds loaded in mags for the AR and 120 rounds loaded in mags for the Mini-14, with 1201 rounds in boxes to be loaded when needed.

I recognize that this is a lot less than a bunch of you guys, but it's a start.

I need to buy more ammo. Need a good deal on brass case 5.56.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
A few months back I took some of the bulk packaged ammo and split it up into .50cal cans. Each can is labeled per rifle type and has ammo, mags, cleaning kit, and a simple chest rig or mag pouches. Contents are listed on the can as well. I figured it would speed the process up if needed, and is also much more user-friendly if someone besides myself has to access it.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post