SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Wife and I went on a road trip out west late Sept. early Oct. Had the usual handguns, (hers and mine)plus an AR with (5)30 rd magazines. Call us crazy.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
BWTAC - Thanks for the insight - I don't think I'd ever do ONLY an ankle gun, as the LCP disappears in front or rear pockets - its really just for driving, as I'm acutely aware that the pocket BUG and 3:30 IWB are not fast draws, especially when buckled in.

wishfull thinker - Funny you mention a rifle - I've been meaning to make a rack in the trunk for my M38 Nagant, for all the reasons you picked a 30-30 lever gun. Those 7.62x54R Silver Tip boomers will ruin anyones day, 2 or 4 legged. I imagine even if someone had body armor it wouldn't be pleasant to take one. Also useful as a club.

I used to have the M44 in the truck with a 10 stripper clips of 203gr sp......I figured a flamer thrower would be too bulky Wink

And I love the bayonet.....

Now it's a SKS with 10 clips of 154gr sp.....and a bayonet

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
I bought a used Glock 23 from this site for a truck gun, It came with 5 magazines and I bought 4 myself. I use to carry the Glock and one full mag until about a month ago, now I have all 9 mags loaded and in a secure but easy to get to area in my truck! Hope to never need it but I don't like being not prepared!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Wife and I went on a road trip out west late Sept. early Oct. Had the usual handguns, (hers and mine)plus an AR with (5)30 rd magazines. Call us crazy.

I won't (call you crazy that is). As my wife would say in her French accent...That's the way to do.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Shit, read Day of Wrath if you want to get nervous about the possibilites.

Definitely. I think its a "must read". Right up there with One Second After. Forstchen is one heck of a writer.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I recently upped both my 226 house guns to twenty-plus-one rounds. One with the light/laser is on the nightstand, the other in the 'puter room until bedtime. My carry gun (XD9) is holstered in my TV watching chair. I carry two extra 16rd mags for it, & another two in the truck.

I wondered (for about a minute) if it was a bit much. When I considered the thought of someone kicking in my door, I surmised I'd have to be right on top of a gun to make a difference. Hmmm, maybe I need to stash that Airweight by the toilet...
Maybe just carry a gun on you all of the time? Makes it easy, it's everywhere you go... Wink

I know, I get it. It's just when I'm laying around the house in sweats I like to relax a little. I think I'm going to be okay with a gun within reach at all times. Wink

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Used to be comfortable traveling with just a g27 and a couple 22 mags.
Not anymore the 12guage or AR comes now.
I bought a Glock 42 to carry on the weekends while just running errands but it just sits in the safe as I don't feel it is adequate. Thinking of selling for a 20SF to increase the pistol power in the bug out bag.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Shit, read Day of Wrath if you want to get nervous about the possibilites.

Just started reading it, Dr Forstchen (One Second After), outlines a scary scenario

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
Wanna rent a mule?
Picture of BoB the Palindrome
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

This nation is so vast, the odds are astronomically low that you will be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Well, every now and then I buy a lottery ticket at similar odds. I do not want to "win" in the Terror Lottery without a plan.

Posts: 6550 | Location: HOME! The GPNW south of the Emerald City | Registered: July 05, 2007Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I carry SD ammo in my carry gun, but despite having a good stock of FMJ for plinking/competition, I am sorry to say I don't have any SD ammo in 5.56. I also need more SD 9mm. Suggestions? Good quality and price?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I carry SD ammo in my carry gun, but despite having a good stock of FMJ for plinking/competition, I am sorry to say I don't have any SD ammo in 5.56. I also need more SD 9mm. Suggestions? Good quality and price?

I like Hornady tap for 223, and either hst or gold dots for 9mm. Ymmv

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've always gotten gold dots in 9mm and 45ACP, was wondering mostly about the .223 and a good source for them. Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
This is so pleasing and encouraging to read of everyone's plans. I've been doing likewise for 3 years now. There is nothing silly or paranoid about accepting the responsibility of self protection and defense of our great nation.

Thanks everyone..... Smile

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Report This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Carl, I stock:
http://www.sgammo.com/product/...low-point-ammo-9bple

As extra. 9PBLE is old but it is effective and cheap as hell for quality SD ammo. Its my SHTF along with handloaded HSTs.

For 223 I like Fusion. Sold as a hunting round but basically a lighter gold dot.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I don't go to wait with my daughter for her school bus at 6:30 without a pistol. If I take a driving vacation, I always bring a long gun. Usually my under folder AK and 3 loaded mags.

The way things have been simmering to a boil, the man or woman that doesn't arm themselves is putting themselves in a precarious position from the git go.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
... three extra loaded magazines in the bag.

Been keeping at least 3 fully loaded 30-round mags in the safe with my AR for quite a while now. I used to keep only 1 loaded, but that changed at least six months or so ago.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Report This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
9PBLE is old but it is effective and cheap as hell for quality SD ammo

9BPLE was my SD ammo before I was hired.

Our duty load in 9mm is the 127gr RA9TA +P+, so that's what I carry now.

I still use the 9BPLE I have left for training.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Report This Post
sickafance
Picture of mikencP226
posted Hide Post
Been thinking recently about throwing an old AK47 beater and a few 30 rounders in the trunk, just because.

-----------------------
No confíe en esta administración el mal!

Posts: 7476 | Location: Triangle @ 760 | Registered: January 15, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
... three extra loaded magazines in the bag.

Been keeping at least 3 fully loaded 30-round mags in the safe with my AR for quite a while now. I used to keep only 1 loaded, but that changed at least six months or so ago.

Time to up that amount, dawg. I keep 5 loaded AR mags in the safe and 6 loaded AR mags in the range bag always ready to go.

By the way, any one know where I can get some grenades? Razz

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I agree with Para that the chances are remote but they are here and we need to be ready to defend ourselves as we can't depend on anyone else to defend us.
I had a long talk with my father in law today. His thoughts are that small cells could guard a small block with apartments while other members of the cell could kill as many people as they can until police could come to their rescue.
He wants to get out of NYC and move to a free state where he can defend himself.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Report This Post