SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
After watching a documentary on the Kenyan Mall Take Over, I added a pocket trauma pack to my EDC (Cellox bandage, tourniquet, and gloves).

I also cleaned and oiled my "truck" rifle along with rotating the ammo in the magazines. I am really thinking about upping the game for my "truck" rifle to the .308 caliber with an Atlantic Arms PTR 91 GI (with paddle release) and then throw on a recoil reducing modified A3 stock. I have another version of the PTR 91 and enough spare parts to almost build a few extra rifles. The great thing about the PTR 91 in a CQB mob situation, I could shoot one POS and then take another POS out with empty brass flinging out of the rifle at Mach 1. Also with the PTR 91 if I ever ran out of ammo, I could still use the rifle as a very effective club.

As Para stated earlier, and I para phrase Wink , " Preparedness and State of Mind...."
Do not run out of ammo. Have enough and choose your targets well!!

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
TTT

I'm going to go clean a gun.

It is also probably a good idea to speak to your loved ones (who will listen) about situational awareness.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Not only did I clean my rifle and pistols this weekend, I also sharpened my knife and replaced the batteries in my EDC flashlight and rifle light.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This isn't about specific firearms or ammunition or anything else like that. That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about being vigilant and being prepared, no matter what tools or methods you employ.

Well said.

My signature line "animis opibusque parati" means just that. "Prepared in mind and resources." They meant it when it was adopted as part of the SC state seal in 1776. It is just as important today.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Report This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
In case it has not been covered, one might consider backup batteries for flashlights and weapon lights.

Last week I had a dead TLR3 battery on a P228 and found I had no batteries. Now I have 3 extra plus extra backup for each relevant light.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Today I shot my rifle, and gave it a good detail cleaning and lube after.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
I shot my pistols yesterday (thanks to the Michigan SIGforum shoot). My AR rifle and pistol will get shot tomorrow and all will get cleaned/lubed after.

I have also stepped up my weight and cardio training.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
All of these steps, above, will prove their worth when the time comes. Being smart by doing the right prep work will keep you alive.

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
yesterday I worked on inputting real range data onto my dope sheet.

Mainly just confirming things but it feels nice to be able to hit what you are aiming at.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to the top.

With all the liberal scum out and about destroying public and private property we need to be ever vigilant.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The whiners lack the firepower, especially since about half of them couldn't pass a background check, nor do they have the money for firearms and ammunition because that requires a job.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I had these cleaned and ready to go election night.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The whiners lack the firepower, especially since about half of them couldn't pass a background check, nor do they have the money for firearms and ammunition because that requires a job.

True - but they have numbers and improvised weapons - fire, clubs, rocks.

So while we have superior firepower, we still need to be vigilant and able to neutralize the threat.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Ammo inventory time again. Right around the EOY, I start inventorying my end of the gear, ammo parts, etc. My wife, Moonglow, handles the food, etc.

It was a good year for prepping. Nothing went down. I do need to blast away every day to get back to my best.

Car accidents do not help Wink

Learned a lot on the Forum in 2016. All of you, strive to make each day any kind of better you are able to.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:

As Para stated earlier, and I para phrase Wink

Boo. Boooooo!

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I predict that this will become one of the more important threads on the Forum. A major campaign has been won and many of us here deserves a star on our "I was there ribbon." But, the best time for fighting for a new win is just after a big win.

The training should continue with big emphasis on the little things. Enhance the strengths but do not ignore the weaknesses, no matter how small.

Normally, peace time is a great time for intensive training. After this victory we will be at anything but peace. Everything we were doing to plan for TEOTWASWKI ( or even the many non apocalyptic threats) should be continued with only time taken out to contribute to Making America Great Again

This is such a great place. This coming week, I will be getting my son in law and grandson everything they need to keep the M4s I gave them functioning. Also, we will start a level of training that they think they will need.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Friday BOOMP !

Remember, Black Friday is coming soon folks !

Big Grin

State of Mind !

"Tune the weapon between your ears" !

Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I put together one of these ammo can first aid kits

http://www.backdoorsurvival.co...o-can-first-aid-kit/

Except I forewent the "essential oils."

Where did I deviate?

-Dental/oral probe kit

-Also need to add a tornequets x2 (if 2 limbs get shot/stabbed/impaled), and a flashlight holder that mounts to one's head with a strap.

-Also adding some intramuscular dexamethasone and toradol.

-Adding an empty sterile specimen cup to hold an ejected tooth or severed finger (maybe a slight hope of it being re-attached).

Great to bring along to a shooting event, when camping, or if/when evacuating, much less for a great home kit.

Also mounting tactical lights on rifles, getting more edged tools (kabar becker BK7 on the way) + machetes + mora knives, spyderco sharpening kit, and building my first comprehensive bug out bag.

A water purifier is needed. One that will filter out most viruses. When a major hurricane hits, my family and friends can drink out of puddles of fresh water via using the filter. Nice. Even if dirty, which is to be avoided, the purifier can handle it. Looking at a MSR Guardian Purifier Pump.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
Fitting for this to have come back to the top today.

Got in my three new AR magazines for work. Moved ammo from old, well-used PMAGs to new Lancer AWM magazines.

The PMAGs will go to the training rotation.

Cleaned and lubricated all of the duty weapons. It had been a productive week.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Good for you, me boy. There are a lot of smart people on this Forum.