SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

EVERYWHERE! Exception: federal ground. YOU are your only protection!

RMD

Indeed that is nowadays the truth.

However, one would assume that this also is the case on that other ground as well Frown

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
It is a dangerous world these days.

I too need to work on a "get home" bag.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

Any help I may be, just ask.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:

I would like to ask, if I may..., please.

Looks like I was using the wrong term with "bug out."

Should there be a separate thread or is there already one on this topic ?

I have "things" prepared and ready, although it's not all in one designated "bag"...

We were at the hospital, the other day, visiting my mum, and the whole way walking in a voice was booming in my head: "TRUCK GUN! TRUCK GUN! TRUCK GUN!"

do you think that means something ? Wink

posted Hide Post
I went to the range and practiced with one pistol today; got a few rounds, a mag. for my G21 and SP2022. While looking at the displays in Gander Mountain, and two LGS those serious looking flat black shotguns kept whispering to me; "When the SHTF, wouldn't you rather have one of us in hand?" The Benelli M4 in Gander seemed to have the loudest whisper...

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
quote:

I would like to ask, if I may..., please.

Looks like I was using the wrong term with "bug out."

Should there be a separate thread or is there already one on this topic ?

I have "things" prepared and ready, although it's not all in one designated "bag"...

We were at the hospital, the other day, visiting my mum, and the whole way walking in a voice was booming in my head: "TRUCK GUN! TRUCK GUN! TRUCK GUN!"

do you think that means something ? Wink

Let's see if we can communicate over the weekend.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I went to the range and practiced with one pistol today; got a few rounds, a mag. for my G21 and SP2022. While looking at the displays in Gander Mountain, and two LGS those serious looking flat black shotguns kept whispering to me; "When the SHTF, wouldn't you rather have one of us in hand?" The Benelli M4 in Gander seemed to have the loudest whisper...

Don't rule out the Versa Max Tactical. Very similar to the M4 but with a better piston system IMHO.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Don't rule out the Versa Max Tactical. Very similar to the M4 but with a better piston system IMHO.

I'll keep an eye out for one. The old Ithaca pump could use a little TLC until then. 870s, and Mossbergs were everywhere, and a smattering of the CZ pumps and a stray Winchester were seen. Hadn't considered one with a 3.5" chamber, but...

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I was on I10 westbound the other day and the police pulled over a pickup that had an AR15 hanging in the rear window

I was sort of hoping they were just stopping him to make sure he had enough ammo

I expected a different response from the police where OC is relatively common

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
It's hard to beat something concealed. Be cloaked in a grey fabric. "Just your average joe... no sir, no anomalies here [whistling a tune]." I.e., a Glock 26 in a shoulder bag or "fannie pack" with plenty of G17 mag reloads.

I'm itching for a folding stock AK with a cuts compensator and a flashlight mount to be kept incognito in a book bag with at least 6 magazines. My perfect primitive camping gun. Also a great gun to keep in the trunk with a wire cable securing it through its receiver. I'll just have to consider where I might be pulled over and grilled with unwanted attention before I decide where I'll avoid driving.

Good English, good dress, a non-minority appearance, and a Federal ID, and lots of politeness will probably go far.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
ersatzknarf

email sent

Banned
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...070077804#4070077804

Just another reason to keep your rifle clean and your perimeter covered.

To repeat myself, please stay alert and safe my friends.

Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Today, I bought a rifle. Not my first. I already had a Sig 716 in .308, purchased two weeks prior to Sandy Hook. Then I watched as prices soared and availability evaporated. Now, Trump is struggling in states he should have in the bank, Hillary is holding her own in spite of her criminal past and Obama commutes the sentences of 214 incarcerated felons, many with firearm violations. The last one speaks to his willingness to do the unthinkable with future Executive Orders in his back pocket. A Hillary victory foreshadows a Supreme Court that will not be in our best interests.

Panic buying occurs after the fact. I consider my decision on a Sig MCX to be good timing in the market. Selection was great, pricing fair. Motivation the same as opening a fresh bottle of CLP.

Posts: 1628 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good time to make a new emergency kit for your car too with an updated first aid kit (and know how to use it).

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Good time to make a new emergency kit for your car too with an updated first aid kit (and know how to use it).

Add a few Israeli Bandages. Well worth the money and the peace of mind that comes wit it.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
And a vest.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd post a link here to a nice, albeit expensive, bag made especially for carrying an SBR incognito. I've never used a Tactical Tailor bag, but I've heard good things and no doubt the cost is due to their warranty and that they are made here. Anyway, I'm looking into getting one.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/...omtrekkersbrbag.aspx

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Tactical Tailor products are made here in the USA, their quality is excellent, and if you can wait, they often advertise significant sale prices throughout the year.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I was actually going to try and see about getting hooked up with them as a dealer... If the margins are decent, maybe I could see about doing a group buy like I did for SF with VooDoo gear a year or so ago. We'll see what they say.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
And a vest.

Me too.
It's the one thing I never thought about adding in all the years I've been in the "stock up" mode.

I don't want one but someday I may need one.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Report This Post