SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Now I am feeling the need to keep my rifle more readily available.

Realistically though, all I can do is carry more than my little LCP/638. I think 226/229, G23/239 with one of the little guys as a backup, will have to suffice.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
it is more important to know what to do if stuff happens then what you are carrying. Make your plan around what you have.
Be safe

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well, that thread I started awhile back about keeping my SBR in a backpack ain't so far fetched anymore.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
My handheld, wireless, remote-control hole punch device is clean and ready to go.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Now is a very good time for a long gun in the form of a 5.56. prices are really good.

I picked up an inexpensive rifle build kit from PSA for one of the lowers I have sitting around. I have no need for it, but it doesn't hurt to have another complete rifle around.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
I did the same yesterday Para. Made a date with my wife and daughters to go shooting on Friday as well.

Completely agree with your thoughts about barry not being able to keep us safe even if he tried.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1104 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMC-PRIDE:
I did the same yesterday Para. Made a date with my wife and daughters to go shooting on Friday as well.

Completely agree with your thoughts about barry not being able to keep us safe even if he tried.

First, where in MN??

Just keep training the best you can the way you were taught.
I have know a lot of Marines in my time and they were all good men.
Be safe.

2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by USMC-PRIDE:

First, where in MN??

Just keep training the best you can the way you were taught.
I have know a lot of Marines in my time and they were all good men.
Be safe.

About 40 miles North of the cities. Isanti/Cambridge/Princeton area.

yes we go to the indoor range sometimes but mostly to my uncles place where we have created a pretty good range where we can practice things you cant at most indoor ranges. Hoping the swamp freezes good and solid this year so we can drag an old chevy cavalier wagon across for an added training tool as well as use the tractor to do more berm work as well. Constantly trying to improve.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1104 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
This recent quote from an ISIS spokesman pretty much defines the term "call to arms", for both sides.

quote:
The Orlando shooting comes a few short weeks after ISIS spokesman Abu Mohamed al-Adnani called on ISIS supporters to carry out a series of “devastating” attacks in the US during the holy month of Ramadan, which began June 6 and runs through early July. Vowing a month of “calamities,” Mr. Adnani urged followers to strike “the heart” of Europe and the US.

“This call specifically goes out to the supporters of the Islamic Caliphate in Europe and America…. The smallest action you do in the heart of their land is dearer to us than the largest action by us,” Adnani said in a recorded statement released May 21.

Ramadan Call to Arms

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The above could be a good answer to the Libtard question, " Who needs an assault rifle?"

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Had an AR on my wishlist awhile - luv to try 3-gun.
With things heating up just put my want into motion - Daniel Defense M4V11 Tornado on order............

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not quite a rifle, but I just cleaned my Beretta M9 and counted magazines and rounds for it. The G21 was gone over the other night. Just in case.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I took my new build to the range for the first time today to function test and zero the scope. I also needed to zero the scope on another AR. Both shot great, and both are now ready to go.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Another bump, seems the ISIS attacks are happening more frequently all around the world now. And with the election coming up I don't think supplies will be getting much better as unrest gets worse.

As Para has advised, buy things now when it's quiet and inventory is still available. I've tried to tell this same thing to a few friends who say they want to pick up their first AR15. I don't think they get it yet...

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Fuck ISIS -

I live in ground-zero these days. Picked up an extra mag for the CZ yesterday and now keep a travel shotgun in the trunk.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be sighting in the new carbine tomorrow. I just got the scope and mount mounted. I picked up some extra ammo today along with the sight in targets.

I'm going to be ordering hard armor soon. With all that's going on, terrorist attacks. Now two police officers shot in Dallas Texas with the BLM shitheads riots. I'm thinking I need all of the advantage I can get, and my soft armor just might not cut it.

Will this low speed high drag, rural area living guy even need it? I don't know; and I pray that I never do, but as it looks in the world I might and that brings me to this realization.

I need to practice more, keep my rifle clean and powder dry. Be equipped and viligent and hope that better times will come.

Be safe, be viligent, be ready, keep your rifle clean and powder dry.

ARman

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'm going to give my AR's a full cleaning tonight and load some more ammo this weekend for all calibers.

That's the only way I think I can shake what happened last night.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Guess I need to get that next lower I've been thinking about and pick up some more ammo. Just when I think I've got enough some jerkbag gives me reason to buy more. Mad

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I used to not even think about carrying extra magazines...10 rounds in the G27 seemed like enough...now there's two extras in each vehicle and one on my person...one never knows Frown

Same here. Only carried the weapon, now I carry spare mags.

I didn't even think of OWNING a gun, much less carry one. Now, not only do I carry, but I always have a spare mag on me, I've had to buy additional gun safes, and I'm now a Patron member of the NRA.

All gun sellers, ammo vendors, and associated companies surrounding the firearms industry must say a prayer of thanks daily to the best seller of them all, Barack Hussein Obama!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Planning on sitting out in the garage to watch UFC 200 this evening. Smoke cigars and leave the door wide open...typically I just keep a .38 in the front pocket for "just in case".

Still have that, but added a 12 gauge KSG with red-dot and attached strobe flashlight sitting next to me in a old tennis racket case -

Never really thought about issues out there before, always carried the .38 out of habit. Recent events actually have me thinking about "what if" scenarios now. An open garage door and me are the only barriers between 'outside' and my wife/kids.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post