SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir ! Smile

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago, my son in law and I were at a Lowe's down in SW Virginia.

As we were standing in the check out lane, I noticed an attractive young woman with 3 kids ahead of us. She was loading her stuff on the counter to check out. She was packing a full size semi auto pistol, open carry in a hip holster.

I mentioned to my son in law that this was something we didn't see every day. He asked what I meant, and I told him about the open carry holster.

She heard me, turned and gave us a huge smile and nodded her head. I am pretty sure that those kids will grow up with the right attitude, as well.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of DEC505
posted Hide Post
Tried to clean my rifle today,and realized I didn't own one.

Taking the advice of others I fixed that problem today.

Not much,just a entry level .556 AR, 5 magazines and a sling. Still have to get a set of sights and/or optics.

Since I reload and have been loading for a rifle I didn't even own yet, ammo is in abundant supply.

And,yes Today I cleaned my rifle.

Hell has no fury like a liberal
confronted with reality

Posts: 814 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 26, 2011Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I finally cleaned up the K31 I just got.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Good on you for get an ARSmile

quote:
Originally posted by DEC505:
Tried to clean my rifle today,and realized I didn't own one.

Taking the advice of others I fixed that problem today.

Not much,just a entry level .556 AR, 5 magazines and a sling. Still have to get a set of sights and/or optics.

Since I reload and have been loading for a rifle I didn't even own yet, ammo is in abundant supply.

And,yes Today I cleaned my rifle.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Having some Friday night cocktails with family and some neighbors, the conversation was mostly about the coming election, ISIS, europes changing demographic, and the future of America that my kids will see in the coming years.
My buddy next door did 2 tours Army Lt, and did some spring cleaning and gave us some gear. 2 large Molle rucks with frames and assorted accessory bags, and an IFAK fully loaded! Awesome.

To thank him I took him to lunch and my range Sunday morning. One of my sons joined us to do some pistol & carbine shooting on plates.

Had 2 static plates and a rack of 8" falling plates to shoot combos. Gear was duty type belt holsters and mag pouches. We all had Glocks and the 9mm carbines we built with slings.

Practiced move and shoot, transitions, and he coached us on moving/shooting/communicating as a group. Great day of practice.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm finishing up putting a couple for rifles back together, finishing touches and completing my Form 1.

PSA has a few different build kits minus the lower for $399. I have lowers to host them. I think it might be wise to pick a couple up while they are cheap and available. Unfortunately, D&H Mags are out of stock.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone should own at least one AR . I rarely shoot mine anymore , I just have it because my government thinks I shouldn't .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Putting together another two. I just got back from the engravers and Wednesday will be filling out form 1 to SBR a 5.56X45mm NATO and .300 AAC Blackout build with "can".

I gave the cabine a good cleaning before off to the gunsmith to have it engraved.

Always have a weapon close at hand and hopefully a rifle if the time comes, be viligent and be prepared! The world is a difference place.

ARman

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
With this shooting, I suggest you guys stock up if you have anything left on your list. Thank goodness some more GP11 got imported and I picked up a 480rd. case. (thanks to Rogue)

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I just ordered some reloading supplies to top off my 9mm and 308.

I've been packing for a few years now, but I'm wondering if I should start keeping the AR in the car when I'm out an about.

I do live very close to a mosque which makes me feel uneasy. I'd like to think I can fight my way to my family.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Cleaned my 6920 while watching the news. Tomorrow morning I will be at the range before work with my M&P 15-22 and M&P 22 pistol. I will be shooting from a variety of unconventional positions. Time to review some material from Kyle Lamb.

I'm intentionally not buying anything. Don't want to add to panic buying.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
I wrote in the Orlano shooting post that I had been at a local Academy Sports where the gun counter and ammo isles were packed.

I overheard customers and employees alike mention that the incident and o'dumbo's lecture were the reason they were acting.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I loaded up another 100 rounds of homegrown HST 124gr 9mm. When I was putting them away I realized I have far more defensive 9mm (XM9001, 9PBLE, reload HSTs, HSTs, and Hydrashoks) than I have target 9mm.

Oh well, can never have too much.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Report This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
The older I get (I'm 33), the more I feel like being a pacifist. Parallel to this "feeling" is the increasing realization that one has to fight, and fight like a cornered animal, with utter brutality, to survive, and keep alive others, when the wolf calls his target and comes to feast.

I'll act to put down the threat before I become a rotting head lying discarded in the field. I wish I could be a pacifist, and I could wish for that, but that just isn't going to happen. It isn't compatible with reality. Thank goodness that some people are willing to fight, so that some others actually CAN be pacifists. Maybe they'll be lucky and be protected. I hope so.

What's wrong with me? I have gun powder in my blood floating along side my platelets. That's just the way it is.

Extra ammo and magazines. Extra spare parts. 400 yard emulated dry fire exercises every day. Holster draw and dry fire drills. It goes with coffee, with sleeping, with eating, and even elimination. A life way.

When on an airplane, I'll try to bring a lock, a sock, and some duct tape. Or, a cane. Or, an umbrella. Watch the behavior and interests of those who surround me. Why? I'm not crazy. I'm just not going to sit by and sniffle when someone comes along to snap my neck. That's just the way it is.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Have not done the cleaning, but did take a friend to the range today. Took him to our indoor range earlier this year, and worked up from .22LR Ruger Mk 1 to .38 spl in the 627PC, then 9mm in an XDm and G26.

He since went to his CCW class, but has yet to go get his permit.

Today was outdoor. Started with AR-15 with ProPoint at 15 yards, then quickly moved out to steel at 100 yards. Then let him try my 16" DD with IOR Valdada 4x - he liked that even better.

Finished up with 9mm in the P210 Legend Target and XDm, and some .45 ACP through the GrayGuns tuned P220 Stainless Elite.

He's heading out to get his permit tomorrow. Talked to him and his wife over a beer afterwards about the differences between a carry, range and home defense pistol.

I'm thinking of suggesting a P320 or 9mm P229 Legion to them as a first purchase, along with a nightstand safe.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I'm torn when I hear about these attacks. I have been pocket carrying a little Keltec P32 which is like carrying a baseball to cannon fight compared to an AK, but it is something and I don't intend on fighting a war, I intend on getting myself and my family to safety and I think it would do ok in that scenario.

OTOH, more is always better and shit like this makes me want to throw a shotgun in the trunk. I know that is a stupid thought because what are the chances that shit will hit the fan right next to my car anyway?

I think in my day to day of going to work and going home the little 32 is fine, but when we go out the CZ needs to come with.

I will also refuse to enter somewhere that refuses me entry with a weapon, not worth the risk.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I only have a few handguns but I have changed the way I store and keep them over the last couple of years. I find myself thinking through certain scenarios and then adjusting my old ways accordingly.

I really want a long gun.

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Now is a very good time for a long gun in the form of a 5.56. prices are really good.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Too Many Concussions
Picture of buckmaster
posted Hide Post
I agree wholeheartedly Para. My daughter who never asks now wants to learn how to shoot better. I will fervently teach her. She turns 21 this week. Her present, a Glock.

Freedom is not Free. God Bless Our Military and the CIA

Support the NRA
Romans 8:28

Posts: 4274 | Location: I really don't know anymore | Registered: May 31, 2009Report This Post