SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdkMtnGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
In my experience, women are amazing at picking up and shooting a semi-auto rifle way faster,, more accurately, and more comfortably, than a handgun. They just need to not slouch to support eh weight of the rifle, and not have an idiot teach them to get scope hammered and scare them away from guns totally.

Mr. MacGregor,

Thank you very much for the input. I shall do my best to make sure she has good posture when holding the rifle. Perhaps she can lean into it a bit ? I will also try hard to not be an idiot. I do not think she is afraid of them, having fired full autos in Thailand. Please can you explain "scope hammered" ? Sorry, but I am not at all familiar with the phrase. Thanks Smile

I have had hundreds upon hundreds and yet hundreds of students, as a professional firearms trainer and educator, teaching 3 and 4 day classes, in my experience of them learning how to shoot a rifle,this has been true.

Haven't you seen the YouTube videos of idiots taking their wives or girlfriends shooting? You must not have, this was a general funny note, why did you take it so personally? My comment was not directed at you, how am I to know what you teach with your wife or not?

Apparently you went looking for my name to connect with my screenname, and then addressed me by my last name. Under a variety of online etiquettes, this is not cool. Why don't you address the owner of this board by his name?

I wish I had seen this almost a year ago, it's been a very busy year.

You have a quote by Para below in your signature block, you should look at it again and not go looking to male an issue out of nothing. Not cool ersatzknarf.

Mr. MacGregor...I have always thought you were a tool. This idiotic response about your name being brought up on the internet just proves it.

Well I appreciate you being honest and forthright to make this comment on the public forum. I have no idea who you are, I do not believe we have had any interaction. As such, I do not know how you could make such a blind assessment, maybe you're just presumptuous and another guy on the internet just looking for trouble where it's not necessary to be found?

I read Frank's comment this morning, it struck me a different way. I looked back through the thread and realized I had replied just under a year ago, and at the time, took it as tongue-in-cheek and hadn't gotten to deleting my reply just yet. It's unfortunate. I owe Frank an email directly. This is honor. Taken as a whole, his post just struck me totally differently today...strange. I've goofed up here, and I know many good people on this forum in person. This is integrity. A tool is something to be used, something unintelligent, good for a purpose, but nothing more. Warhorse, in a way, I'm glad I made my comment, it brought you out, now, I know of only one guy on the entire forum and my experience on SigForum that I do not have to ask myself any more questions as to honor and integrity. You show yourself for who you are and I just let you, be you. You could have sent me an email personally perhaps, just like I could have sent to Frank. I'm so tired of BS the older I get, I have much less tolerance for it as time goes by.

Well done. We all need redemption on occasion. You are doing the right thing and that is as honorable as it is humble. These are the characteristics that define dignity, I think.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Adirondack Mtn Guy, The One Stop Shop
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeing the Springfield M1A SOCOM for a while, speaking of cleaning rifles, and I wonder, does anyone have one? I'd like to figure out just how far out that M1 will shoot compared to the others, compared the the traditional length M1's...I've heard it doesn't make a lot of difference, but I don't have any practical experience to speak with M1's or the one I'm asking about. This is one that would get plenty of cleaning in the coming months. The AR's are fun, but have a different purpose than the M1.

Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
NRA Certified Instructor
Defensive Shooting Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!
And another one on top, Feb 14, 2012!

Challenge my Brute! http://mac.mybrute.com

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
I know Frank. He is a genuine , thoughtful guy. I can confidently say that his post to you was humble and sincere and using your actual name was done out of a true desire for friendship. Reading this made me wince. When he reads your post it will hurt him.[/QUOTE]

+1

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublecorona:
I know Frank. He is a genuine , thoughtful guy. I can confidently say that his post to you was humble and sincere and using your actual name was done out of a true desire for friendship. Reading this made me wince. When he reads your post it will hurt him.

+1[/QUOTE]

It is unfortunate I did not delete my reply from this morning sooner, now that ship has sailed.

I have made a genuine attempt to make it right with an email an hour or two ago, I look forward to his response.

~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

NRA Certified Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
...Apparently you went looking for my name to connect with my screenname, and then addressed me by my last name. Under a variety of online etiquettes, this is not cool. Why don't you address the owner of this board by his name?

You mean your name you have on the website you have in your signature line in your "about" page?

That one. The one that takes two clicks to get to, following the breadcrumbs you dropped in front of the whole damned internet universe?

That name?

Bad etiquette?

Hoo boy!

You are being not so very nice. No graham crackers or milk for you today.

Maybe make you wash all the paint brushes and put away the clay during recess.

And stop eating the paste...

It's not too difficult to find my name, yes I know this, I misinterpreted this whole thing. My fault, and my apologies to all involved.

I don't deserve milk and cookies today, nope.

In light of your apology, I too will say I was rather "harsh" in my assessment of thinking you a "tool", sorry.

We all can make mistakes about someone we only know on the interwebs.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
AdkMtnGuy, my post was not directed to you. I apologize if you took it that way.

I was just confirming what a genuine stand up guy Frank is.

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
AdkMtnGuy, my post was not directed to you. I apologize if you took it that way.

I was just confirming what a genuine stand up guy Frank is.

I did not take it that way, none taken sir.

I appreciate that people stand up for others when they should be stood up for. I also appreciate people doing the right thing, for the right reasons. I appreciate your input and am glad to hear he is a stand-up guy. I look forward to his response.

~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

NRA Certified Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wow, I miss all the excitement Wink

Got your email, AdkMtnGuy. Please check your email.

That being said, this fellow has some real stand up guys for friends ! Big Grin

Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
Back to the topic.

I just cleaned my new G19 after putting another 250 rounds through it. $.25 trigger job and 3.5 lb connector. It is now good to go to replace my G30 for EDC with 50 rounds ( 15 +1 and 2 17 rounders) of HST 124 +P.

I've added a Streamlight flashlight to go with the G19, 2 mags, knife and Leatherman for my EDC.

I'm teaching my family to look everyone in the eye when in public. And we play situation awareness games to keep it fun.

While I think the odds are low to find ourselves in a bad situation, I believe bad things are happening at a greater rate.

Be safe my friends.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm teaching my family to look everyone in the eye when in public. And we play situation awareness games to keep it fun.

Be safe my friends.

Just a bit of input from my time as a cop, watching hands will do you better...always watch the hands.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mike. I will add it.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a bit of input from my time as a cop, watching hands will do you better...always watch the hands.

Please can you elaborate ?

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

Please can you elaborate ?

I am imagining that nobody can pull a gun or a knife with his eyes. A bad guy can keep your eye contact and pull a weapon.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
That is very logical, thank you.

My CPL instructor said something along the same lines in that the BG in the mall will be fussing with his rig, etc.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been eyeing the Springfield M1A SOCOM for a while, speaking of cleaning rifles, and I wonder, does anyone have one? I'd like to figure out just how far out that M1 will shoot compared to the others, compared the the traditional length M1's...I've heard it doesn't make a lot of difference, but I don't have any practical experience to speak with M1's or the one I'm asking about. This is one that would get plenty of cleaning in the coming months. The AR's are fun, but have a different purpose than the M1.

I have an M1A, loaded. That is the one with a lot of "upgrades" to make it a competition grade weapon.

Love it. Have shot steel plates at 400 yards with the improved peep sight. But then I loved the M14 when in the army, too. Got to shoot them a lot, both semi and fill auto.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

I have an M1A, loaded. That is the one with a lot of "upgrades" to make it a competition grade weapon.

Love it. Have shot steel plates at 400 yards with the improved peep sight. But then I loved the M14 when in the army, too. Got to shoot them a lot, both semi and fill auto.

By your CUT, it seems that you would be perfect for an LPOP.
You could join Sig Monkey and me. Wink

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
The SGAMMO (www.com) that I bought after Saturday's tragic loss is here tomorrow. (Some 10mm, 9mm and 5.56mm.)

I also ordered 3 more mags for my G20 (I go back and forth between a 66-4 for woods and a 226 or G19 for town carry. The G20 is my answer to switching all the time.)

Sunday after church, went to the grocer and grabbed just a little bit more shelf stable type stuff (canned, etc.) Just feeling a little more worried than usual......

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm jealous, I've got to find one to shoot somewhere here in CO. It might be a good time to check in on LBJ and take him out to the rane for some trigger therapy.

~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

NRA Certified Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
quote:

By your CUT, it seems that you would be perfect for an LPOP.
You could join Sig Monkey and me. Wink

All we've got to do is organize a nationwide Sigforum meet, in a free state, more free than CO, there are becoming more and more of these...

~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

NRA Certified Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back to the topic.

I just cleaned my new G19 after putting another 250 rounds through it. $.25 trigger job and 3.5 lb connector. It is now good to go to replace my G30 for EDC with 50 rounds ( 15 +1 and 2 17 rounders) of HST 124 +P.

I've added a Streamlight flashlight to go with the G19, 2 mags, knife and Leatherman for my EDC.

While I think the odds are low to find ourselves in a bad situation, I believe bad things are happening at a greater rate.

Be safe my friends.

I would add one thing to what Mike said about hands. If you watch videos on Colin Flaherty's website of hundreds of attacks by thugs, you will see one street tactic over and over: One or two thugs in front of you get your attention. They might shout or menace you. That is when one (or more) comes up from behind for the real attack.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post