SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
"...heart must be hardier, courage the keener, bolder our mood as our band diminisheth..."

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Picture of colomtn
posted Hide Post
I don’t need a gun
I have never needed a gun
I hope I never need a gun
And, in all likelihood, I will never need a gun
However, should I ever need a gun, I had better have a gun
Therefore, I have a gun
And if the government ever says you can’t have a gun,
That’s when you’ll need a gun

Keep your head up. Maintain your options. Stay dangerous!

My grandfather voted republican until the day he died, now he votes democrat.

Posts: 4346 | Location: Western Slope of Colorado | Registered: August 09, 2008Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Reminds me...I need to clean my two AR's.

They have just been living in my safe for a couple years now.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
...I show wished I could have brought me back one of them Beretta M12's that those Belizean military and police forces carry whilst on vacation awhile back!

Old school carry bliss.

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5059 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Reminds me...I need to clean my two AR's.

They have just been living in my safe for a couple years now.

Hi Rick,
Might have some AR(9) questions for you..., please.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
After Black Friday, things dried up for a bit. Many speculated prices would rise and rifles and parts would not be available to us like they have in the past year.

It seems that has settled down again. Lots of inventory out there and some amazing deals.

Will this change with the potential of the Supreme Court to tip left? If that happens will it become more difficult to defend ourselves. We all know it will not impede evil doers from spilling blood.

I think a few more mags, some more reloading goodies, some more training (not just plinking steel in the back yard) is in order.

A few threads on covert bags makes me want to design my own leather / canvas hybrid for a folded/broken down pistol or SBR. Something I can carry a peanut butter sandwich, a bottle of milk and an ice pack in. And 6 Pmags.

Oh yeah, after I replace my trigger pins with KNS pins in all my rifles this weekend, I'll clean a rifle or two.

ETA: I'm so proud of my wife carrying the same mindset. We were at a club Friday night listening to some music. She was the one that pointed out to me the escape routes in a crisis. Good Girl!

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Ran 60 rounds through my very cold MCX. Ran like a champ. Cleaned and inspected it. Next up, a new trigger.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
20 more magazines via PSA, half will be loaded and the other kept for bartering.

and a lower kit to finish another rifle.

swapped scopes on 3 rifle this weekend and sighted them in at 50 and 100m (1.5x6 MTAC).

All cleaned

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/jflUvxQLkgs

Full speech here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaQZF

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thanks Monkey...I like that!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Xububba
posted Hide Post
Great video monkey! Thanks.

Posts: 550 | Location: St Charles MO | Registered: November 11, 2012Report This Post
Adirondack Mtn Guy, The One Stop Shop
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Not so sure. I do not wait for events like these to get ready or to "clean my rifle".
Yet again, you are missing the point.

It's a metaphor intended to convey a message of vigilance, and you're taking it literally.

Nothing goes over my head! My reflexes are too quick, I would catch it!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Guardians of the Galaxy, right on!

Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
NRA Certified Instructor
Defensive Shooting Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!
And another one on top, Feb 14, 2012!

Challenge my Brute! http://mac.mybrute.com

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdkMtnGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
In my experience, women are amazing at picking up and shooting a semi-auto rifle way faster,, more accurately, and more comfortably, than a handgun. They just need to not slouch to support eh weight of the rifle, and not have an idiot teach them to get scope hammered and scare them away from guns totally.

Mr. MacGregor,

Thank you very much for the input. I shall do my best to make sure she has good posture when holding the rifle. Perhaps she can lean into it a bit ? I will also try hard to not be an idiot. I do not think she is afraid of them, having fired full autos in Thailand. Please can you explain "scope hammered" ? Sorry, but I am not at all familiar with the phrase. Thanks Smile

I have had hundreds upon hundreds and yet hundreds of students, as a professional firearms trainer and educator, teaching 3 and 4 day classes, in my experience of them learning how to shoot a rifle,this has been true.

Haven't you seen the YouTube videos of idiots taking their wives or girlfriends shooting? You must not have, this was a general funny note, why did you take it so personally? My comment was not directed at you, how am I to know what you teach with your wife or not?

Apparently you went looking for my name to connect with my screenname, and then addressed me by my last name. Under a variety of online etiquettes, this is not cool. Why don't you address the owner of this board by his name?

I wish I had seen this almost a year ago, it's been a very busy year.

You have a quote by Para below in your signature block, you should look at it again and not go looking to male an issue out of nothing. Not cool ersatzknarf.

I know Frank. He is a genuine , thoughtful guy. I can confidently say that his post to you was humble and sincere and using your actual name was done out of a true desire for friendship. Reading this made me wince. When he reads your post it will hurt him.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Apparently you went looking for my name to connect with my screenname, and then addressed me by my last name. Under a variety of online etiquettes, this is not cool. Why don't you address the owner of this board by his name?

You mean your name you have on the website you have in your signature line in your "about" page?

That one. The one that takes two clicks to get to, following the breadcrumbs you dropped in front of the whole damned internet universe?

That name?

Bad etiquette?

Hoo boy!

You are being not so very nice. No graham crackers or milk for you today.

Maybe make you wash all the paint brushes and put away the clay during recess.

And stop eating the paste...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
In my experience, women are amazing at picking up and shooting a semi-auto rifle way faster,, more accurately, and more comfortably, than a handgun. They just need to not slouch to support eh weight of the rifle, and not have an idiot teach them to get scope hammered and scare them away from guns totally.

Mr. MacGregor,

Thank you very much for the input. I shall do my best to make sure she has good posture when holding the rifle. Perhaps she can lean into it a bit ? I will also try hard to not be an idiot. I do not think she is afraid of them, having fired full autos in Thailand. Please can you explain "scope hammered" ? Sorry, but I am not at all familiar with the phrase. Thanks Smile

I have had hundreds upon hundreds and yet hundreds of students, as a professional firearms trainer and educator, teaching 3 and 4 day classes, in my experience of them learning how to shoot a rifle,this has been true.

Haven't you seen the YouTube videos of idiots taking their wives or girlfriends shooting? You must not have, this was a general funny note, why did you take it so personally? My comment was not directed at you, how am I to know what you teach with your wife or not?

Apparently you went looking for my name to connect with my screenname, and then addressed me by my last name. Under a variety of online etiquettes, this is not cool. Why don't you address the owner of this board by his name?

You have a quote by Para below in your signature block, you should look at it again and not go looking to male an issue out of nothing. Not cool ersatzknarf.

Mr. MacGregor...I have always thought you were a tool. This idiotic response about your name being brought up on the internet just proves it.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Pleaser guys, let us not let this wonderful thread get out of hand and then get locked.

At least here, maybe we should let some things go. Also, recall the meaning and purpose of this thread. Let that time, if it comes, take care of the morons and tools.
Be well and stay safe.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A G R E E D !!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
As I were!

Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mr. MacGregor,

Mr. MacGregor...I have always thought you were a tool. This idiotic response about your name being brought up on the internet just proves it.

Well I appreciate you being honest and forthright to make this comment on the public forum. I have no idea who you are, I do not believe we have had any interaction. As such, I do not know how you could make such a blind assessment, maybe you're just presumptuous and another guy on the internet just looking for trouble where it's not necessary to be found?

I read Frank's comment this morning, it struck me a different way. I looked back through the thread and realized I had replied just under a year ago, and at the time, took it as tongue-in-cheek and hadn't gotten to deleting my reply just yet. It's unfortunate. I owe Frank an email directly. This is honor. Taken as a whole, his post just struck me totally differently today...strange. I've goofed up here, and I know many good people on this forum in person. This is integrity.

My apologies to pee-ing on the carpet to Para, I'll clean it up. This is integrity.

A tool is something to be used, something unintelligent, good for a purpose, but nothing more. Warhorse, in a way, I'm glad I made my comment, it brought you out, now, I know of only one guy on the entire forum and my experience on SigForum that I do not have to ask myself any more questions as to honor and integrity. You show yourself for who you are and I just let you, be you. You could have sent me an email personally perhaps, just like I could have sent to Frank. I'm so tired of BS the older I get, I have much less tolerance for it as time goes by.

~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

NRA Certified Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
...Apparently you went looking for my name to connect with my screenname, and then addressed me by my last name. Under a variety of online etiquettes, this is not cool. Why don't you address the owner of this board by his name?

You mean your name you have on the website you have in your signature line in your "about" page?

That one. The one that takes two clicks to get to, following the breadcrumbs you dropped in front of the whole damned internet universe?

That name?

Bad etiquette?

Hoo boy!

You are being not so very nice. No graham crackers or milk for you today.

Maybe make you wash all the paint brushes and put away the clay during recess.

And stop eating the paste...

It's not too difficult to find my name, yes I know this, I misinterpreted this whole thing. My fault, and my apologies to all involved.

I don't deserve milk and cookies today, nope.

~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

NRA Certified Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ