SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
As far as looking like a quality firearm,it looks good and seems like a well put together gun. Took it out and put 90 rounds of 556 through it and it shoots good! Wear your earplugs as it is very loud, but fun to shoot..

Note: If you go to the link and scroll down you can read 30 reviews.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueshep:
Here you go MRM50

ar 15 pistol link

Thanks

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Today would be a good day to clean your rifle.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Today would be a good day to clean your rifle.

Yep. And load up a few PMags

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
bump for Mr. Leemur.

Previously stated that our house is now at level orange and remains so. Being armed at all times possible, inside and outside of the home.

Next steps are more ammunition and reconsidering additional arms.

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Threads come and go. some are funny some are aggravating, that's the internet.

This one has stayed on my mind...and last Friday night, I cleaned my rifle.

Posts: 6358 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been selling/trading several of my bolt action rifles, lever actions, and a few pistols and have been stocking up on AR15's, magazines, and 5.56 ammo. I might not need them in my lifetime but unless we some drastic changes I am afraid that my sons eventually will need them.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Four years ago I kept between 200 and 500 rounds combined of .40 and .223, the only two guns I owned.

Now the 5000 rounds of .223/5.56 I have seems insufficient, and that's not even counting the other calibers and ammo I've added.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I learned an extremely important lesson this weekend: get some instruction. Yes, I have been told this many times, but seeing it work has made me a believer.

I have been a casual shooter, but I had the opportunity to take a couple of friends to the range this weekend, one of whom was a former instructor.

He gave me some pointers, and I was shooting tremendously better after learning what some of my weaknesses were and how to correct them.

Now I just have to put in the practice and remember my lessons.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
I learned an extremely important lesson this weekend: get some instruction. Yes, I have been told this many times, but seeing it work has made me a believer.

I have been a casual shooter, but I had the opportunity to take a couple of friends to the range this weekend, one of whom was a former instructor.

He gave me some pointers, and I was shooting tremendously better after learning what some of my weaknesses were and how to correct them.

I, too, have been considering instruction. However, quality instruction seems to be difficult to come by here in the sticks. I'm sure there is some available somewhere, but it is either not advertised, or if it is, by the time I discover said advertisement, the courses are already full. Frown

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:

I, too, have been considering instruction. However, quality instruction seems to be difficult to come by here in the sticks. I'm sure there is some available somewhere, but it is either not advertised, or if it is, by the time I discover said advertisement, the courses are already full. Frown

We have an entire subsection devoted to those announcements.

I have travelled on occasion to attend the Bruce Gray shooting weekends, and highly recommend those, even if you have to get in a plane and go.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes. Armed whenever possible, and to the greatest degree practical without drawing attention to one's self. I have been at times lax in this respect, but these days, I am loaded for bear.

This pretty much explains where I have been, and where I am now. I was usually armed with something. Now I typically have two guns and two or three spare mags. When traveling any distance, there is a long gun handy with at least 30 rounds, and usually 60 or more. I don't have any kids at home, so there are loaded guns available in the house. My trust levels are way down, and my situational awareness is way up.

I am forever conscious that something nasty might happen, and I am carrying heavier in light of that eventuality. I guess it really started for me when the Ferguson verdict was due to come out. I had to go to Tampa that day, and although I always travel with a 229 and 3 mags, I also took the Mini 14 and 100 rounds in mags.

Then cops started getting shot for no reason, the guys in New York, Deputy Goforth in Texas, etc. Now I watch the backs of the good guys if I am around and they are stopped.

Now, in the house the shotguns are loaded, the mini is loaded, all the pistols are loaded all the time, and they are available for use if needed.

But the biggest change has been between the ears. I don't worry about something happening, but I am more prepared for something if it does, and I am keeping a closer watch on my surroundings than I ever have before.

It's a matter of preparation and mindset. I haven't changed how I live my life, but I am more careful, more prepared and more aware.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Lately, I am reminded of something my aunt sent to me in an email:

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and you don't have one, you're likely to never need one again."

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Exx,

Spartan Tactical Training frequently does classes in conjuction with the Walworth County Sheriff down near Lake Geneva. I have a close buddy in Wausau who trains frequently. I will check with him as well.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AUTiger89:

quality instruction seems to be difficult to come by here in the sticks. Frown

Which sticks do you live in? I'll find some for you.

there are a lot of traveling road shows, Tom Givens from Memphis, Southnarc from his secret lair someplace, John Farnam out of Colorado, Ken Hackthorn, Maasad Ayyoob to name a couple.

And of course the ones who stay put can really be good too, anyway where are you? state will do I'm not gonna stalk you.

Posts: 6358 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

We have an entire subsection devoted to those announcements.

I have travelled on occasion to attend the Bruce Gray shooting weekends, and highly recommend those, even if you have to get in a plane and go.

In relative terms I'm not to far from exx1976 (a few hours) but I've yet to ever see anything advertised in that section in our region. They must think we are already very well trained in these parts.

If OPSEC came to these parts (WI, MN or even IA) I'd be all over that. My luch that'd be the time I'm already booked up or broke, or both.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AUTiger89:

quality instruction seems to be difficult to come by here in the sticks. Frown

Which sticks do you live in? I'll find some for you.

there are a lot of traveling road shows, Tom Givens from Memphis, Southnarc from his secret lair someplace, John Farnam out of Colorado, Ken Hackthorn, Maasad Ayyoob to name a couple.

And of course the ones who stay put can really be good too, anyway where are you? state will do I'm not gonna stalk you.

I'm in WI, and I definitely appreciate it!!

Maybe brl will finally come out to play. Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Exx,

Spartan Tactical Training frequently does classes in conjuction with the Walworth County Sheriff down near Lake Geneva. I have a close buddy in Wausau who trains frequently. I will check with him as well.

Much appreciated.

If he's interested in any type of training buddy, pass my contact info along to him. Wausau isn't terribly far from me.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Exx,

Much appreciated.

If he's interested in any type of training buddy, pass my contact info along to him. Wausau isn't terribly far from me.

Another group here in Minnesota. My wife and I took some pistol courses from them and were pleased.

Vhttp://www.qsitraining.net/

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thread bump.

4 Ohio men, 2 of them former Ohio State engineering students, are accused of supporting terrorist activities. While I didn't know them personally, these guys went through the engineering program at OSU the same time I did. That hits pretty close to home.

http://wset.com/news/nation-wo...or-links-to-al-qaeda

Some of their quotes (shown in the video) regarding how they planned to use their engineering expertise are very unsettling.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Report This Post