SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Picture of colomtn
posted Hide Post
I believe I found this on John Farnam's website.

Keep your head up. Maintain your options. Stay dangerous!

My grandfather voted republican until the day he died, now he votes democrat.

Posts: 4346 | Location: Western Slope of Colorado | Registered: August 09, 2008Report This Post
Banned for trolling and lying
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
I make a point of NEVER letting my ammunition stocks get below the figures on my permit.

It's a lot, by some folk's standards, although not by any of you.

Most of my shooters are in easy-to-find/make calibres, but that doesn't mean that I'm not willing to 'share' out my stash of .45-70 Govt. With a 1600 fps 500gr semi-jacket soft-point you can bet that's going to sting.

tac

12 ga slugs have similar ballistics. They will stop a charging Griz. Lol.

Posts: 663 | Location: Maryland/Virginia | Registered: October 01, 2008Report This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I kicked around the idea of a dedicated long gun for my vehicle a while back but decided against it. But when I felt the need to load up my Mini-14 to go to a
July 4th event my position on the issue has evolved .

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Report This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Today should obliterate any lingering doubts about what we're dealing with in America right now.

You are right about that.
In 1777, the writers of my states two mottos knew about preparedness.
One is: "Animis Opibusque Parati", meaning Prepared in Mind and Resources. The other is: "Dum Spiro Spero", meaning While I Breathe I Hope.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
I've got some pump shotguns I didn't pay much for and would feel ok about locking in the car, but I can't see too much use in them. I could load with slugs and have a pretty nasty stopper but not a quick loader. Couldn't use anything but slugs since it is always a crowded place. I just don't feel good with a $500+ Rifle in the car, even locked up. Worth it?

Train with and use what you have. A good pumpgun is still a viable weapon if used correctly. Take a defensive shotgun course. I have been thinking about a long gun for my POV and might just stick one of my 870s back there with about 25 reduced recoil slugs.

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Report This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
Anybody figured out how to CC spare 33rd funsticks yet?

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got an AR15A2 and a Remington 870 riotgun in the trunk with 12, 30 round magazines, 5, 20 round magazines. In LBV and bag, on the shotgun I have a sidesaddle and a box or 20 rounds of 00 buckshot, 10 slugs plus a box of 25 rounds of heavy peasant loads. I keep a couple of spair magazine at all times for my main carry pistols, SIG P 220 and GLOCK 22.

I have for years, plus I have a first-aid kit, and get home bag. The bag has enough for 3 days.

The only thing I have changed lately is I carry 2 or 3 extra magazines for the GLOCK or 4 for the SIG P220.

I'm trying to get my sister and a couple of friends to do the same.

The times have changed.... it's sad to say.

ARman

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:

5.11 tactical cargos have super deep rear pockets that can easily fit several.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

KY jelly?? Just saying?? Eek

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
3:30 AM, couldn't sleep. Just picked up a new Otis cable based cleaning system for my AR's.

That thing works like a champ.

House was perfectly quiet. The cleaning oddly relaxed me. Maybe middle of the night cleaning sessions are just what the doc ordered...

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Bump for a Monday.

Our house is now at level orange...

That is all.

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am friends with a high ranking police officer and his wife. My wife made an offhand comment to them about not going to movie theaters with all the recent "craziness"

It led to an interesting conversation about what he and his wife consider "adequately armed" for EDC.

My wife ended up asking about a backup gun for herself. She's always enjoyed shooting and has no issue with "our" weapons but has balked when it comes to EDC. She's "on again off again" and "carry when convenient" but since the conversation the other day has been more diligent.

Thanks again to Para for the heads up. His advice has proven very financially prudent in the past when he recommended purchases, and now this more somber warning cranks up my personal radar even further.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

Provided you don't attempt to sit down.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have doubled the ammo in my get home bag. Also, I am carrying the same caliber EDC as the Get home pistol. When I am home, a G42 is on me.
Be well all.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
box of 25 rounds of heavy peasant loads.

I love this line. It's so Monty Python. Or maybe Mel Brooks.

"Pull!"

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Picked this bad boy up last week! Pretty easy to hide, as a matter of fact someone on this forum posted the link to where to purchase these. Fun to shoot....

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueshep:
Picked this bad boy up last week! Pretty easy to hide, as a matter of fact someone on this forum posted the link to where to purchase these. Fun to shoot....

Who makes that, please?

Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Here you go MRM50

ar 15 pistol link

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yikes! No buffer tube, that looks like its no pleasure to shoot. Although I do like the safety labeling Smile bullet/ no bullet

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here you go MRM50

ar 15 pistol link

That's interesting...How's the quality?