SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two Michigan State Troopers shot serving warrant and survive, suspect does not
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two Michigan State Troopers shot serving warrant and survive, suspect does not Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
A Michigan State Police Detective and Trooper were both shot by a suspect. The suspect was dealt with by other Troopers.

I have met one of the Troops as he was a friend my best friend who just retired from that agency. He is a good guy, a cop's cop if you will.

This is the third officer that I have known who has been shot in the last 10 years.

http://wwmt.com/news/local/pol...anch-county-shooting

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this a separate incident from a OIS in Detroit? They were reporting here this morning that a Policeman was shot in Detroit but I can't pull anything up.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Is this a separate incident from a OIS in Detroit? They were reporting here this morning that a Policeman was shot in Detroit but I can't pull anything up.

It is separate. This is an article on the Detroit officer:

www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/25/...-barricaded.amp.html

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the troops were wounded, but damn glad to hear the bad guy was killed by them.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This is the third officer that I have known who has been shot in the last 10 years.
So, are the cops starting to avoid you?

Seriously, sorry that the cops got shot, but glad they will mend. Glad also that the perp got his.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
So, are the cops starting to avoid you?

Seriously, sorry that the cops got shot, but glad they will mend. Glad also that the perp got his.

flashguy

Well, not yet...

One is actually a close family friend who started on the PD a few years before I left the FD. He was shot several times through the door of a house with a .22LR when he responded to a noise complaint. His vest stopped critical hits, but he took several in his arms and legs.

One was shot in the leg by a suicidal suspect

Now the two Troops.

This is happening all over the place. It used to be people would just run or evade, not it seems that shooting at the police is the new wave. It is a bad bad bad evolution.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm sure glad the troopers weren't killed and should survive but.... An autopsy conducted this morning confirms Kidney's cause of death was a single gunshot wound sustained while he exchanged fire with MSP troopers.

It always pisses me off why must he be referred to as a "suspect"? He's not a suspect he's the one who shot them so call it the way it is.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7085 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I'm sure glad the troopers weren't killed and should survive but.... An autopsy conducted this morning confirms Kidney's cause of death was a single gunshot wound sustained while he exchanged fire with MSP troopers.

It always pisses me off why must he be referred to as a "suspect"? He's not a suspect he's the one who shot them so call it the way it is.

I'd think it has to do with the old "Innocent until proven guilty." The SOB may have done it. We may all know that the SOB did it. But until the SOB is convicted, he is the suspect. Since the SOB is a dead SOB, nobody is going to waste the court's time trying to convict the dead SOB, so he remains the suspect. It is okay, the SOB is dead. Call him whatever you like.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post