SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Jersey Police Officers Must all undergo Gender Non-conforming Training
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Jersey Police Officers Must all undergo Gender Non-conforming Training Login/Join 
posted
The policy — which, among other things, requires that cops address transgender people by their preferred pronouns and chosen names — comes with mandatory training for all officers who will have to know the difference between transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming.

The policies were announced Wednesday along with an awareness campaign about the state’s anti-discrimination law when it comes to sexual minorities applying for a job or renting an apartment, as well as a revised policy for how detention facilities deal with LGBTQ juveniles.

The LGBTQ Equality Directive is the most sweeping guidance by the Attorney General’s Office since Gurbir Grewal issued new rules governing police and jail interactions with federal immigration officials and immigrants.

The purpose of the immigration directive — which some critics have derided as obstructing federal immigration enforcement — was to ensure that immigrant communities did not fear working with police. An driving force behind this new directive are studies showing that transgender people tend to be uncomfortable turning to police for help and that transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people are more often victims of violence when incarcerated.

A recent study estimated that more than 30,100 adults in New Jersey identify as transgender while about 4,000 teenagers in the state identify as such.

“No one should be afraid about interacting with police because of their sexual orientation or their gender identity,” Grewal said Wednesday in a prepared statement. “That is why our law enforcement community, which proudly includes LGBTQ officers among our ranks, is committed to building trust with our LGBTQ residents.”

According to the LGBTQ Equality Directive:

— Cops cannot ask about a person’s sexual practices or anatomy unless it is necessary for an investigation.

— Cops cannot publicly reveal a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity unless there is a “proper law enforcement purpose” or the person agrees.

— Cops have to address people using their chosen names, even if those names are not on official records.

— Officials have to treat transgender people the way they would treat all men and women during body searches or when people are being segregated in jail.

— At police stations, officers have to accommodate a request by transgender, non-binary or gender non-comforming people to use private restrooms if one is available.

— Also at police stations, police cannot deny transgender people access to prosthetics, bras, wigs, undergarments, chest binders and cosmetic items.

The directive also governs police investigations, preventing cops from considering someone’s gender identity or expressions as ground for a reasonable suspicion or as evidence of wrongdoing.

Police, for example, would not be allowed to question or detain someone if he or she used a restroom that the officer knows was consistent with that person’s gender identity or expression.

Cops also would not be allowed to question or use “invasive search procedures” to determine a person’s genitals or assign gender.

The directive requires all 21 county prosecutors to educate the public about the directive and calls on all law enforcement agencies to work with LGBTQ organizations and community leaders “to maintain a dialogue about issues affecting transgender individuals.”
[url=https://nj1015.com/nj-requiring-cops-to-respect-trans-people-use-their-preferred-pronouns

https://nj1015.com/nj-requirin...-preferred-pronouns/

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would quit before kneeling to the LBGQT loons.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gurbir?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Link?

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have to find a transgender cop to search them?

If you put a he/she/it in a cell with a female and he/she/it rapes said female, then you get sued.

If you put he/she/it in a cell with males, then you get sued.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Link?

Sorry. I should have included it. I added it to the end of the post via edit.

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Good grief! What's next...each officer gets training and is supplied with a portable 'safe zone' in case one of the sick little pukes get all weepy? This bizarre fascination with all manner of gender switching is straight from the pit of hell. Poor bastages will regret their mommy supporting this insanity.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sat through 3 fucking hours of this bullshit last night.
Mandatory Supervisor Training.

The first 2 hours weren't bad- suicide awareness. Helpful, especially with a rash of officers killing themselves in the past few years.

The last 3 were some touchie-feelie leadership training given by some idiot that couldn't lead ants to a picnic. All about the hugs. Roll Eyes

The middle three....
I would rather one of you use a nail gun on my scrotum for 3 hours than endure that crap any longer. I pray they don't let that "woman" (At this point, I don't know what to call "it", I may get in trouble!) anywhere near children. The complete and utter bullshit spewing from it's pie hole was insane.

At this point, I'd like to thank Para and all of you here for giving me an escape. I was on S/F for about half the time, the other half I spent surfing Ruger 10/22 prices.

FWIK, there's a survey in my work email...
I'll also post my survey here on the Sig Forum.
This one aught to be fun!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8347 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Well, it is New Joisey, after all.

And the insanity continues to spread like wildfire. I seldom go to town other than to workout at the fitness center, the occasional trip to Lowe's. Once in a blue moon to a Chinese restaurant for buffet lunch.

My brother is a retired cop up in Idaho, and I am very glad he no longer has to deal with this insanity.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a word that can be applied.

gen·der·queer
/ˈjendərˌkwir/
adjective
denoting or relating to a person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders.
"the genderqueer community"

noun
a person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I am so glad I left New Jersey twenty years ago.
At this point, with all that has happened to New Jersey since I left, I have no desire to ever go back except to visit family and friends. I would go only for the least amount of time possible to keep family happy.
When I was living in New Jersey I was a volunteer firefighter(technically still am). I had a lot of friends who were and some still are police officers.
Knowing them I can only imagine what they must be thinking.
I have a friend who is a Chief of police and should give him a call.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine trying to run a detention center in New Jersey

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Next, they will be adding audio devices across New Jersey to automatically fine people for the use of "inappropriate" language and labels...all of this sounds strangely familiar...

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Coming from New Jersey doesn't surpize me much. Fuckin loonies.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I predict that the number of arrests and bookings will decline substantially, because no sane LEO will risk doing one under those restrictions. There is no way that those rules can reasonably be applied, and no one should even try. Can the Police Unions fight this?

Find a job somewhere else if possible; if not, resist as able. Vote the lunatics out.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...difference between transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming.

I keep forgetting because... I don't care.

More artificial bullshit.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
quote:
...difference between transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming.

I keep forgetting because... I don't care.

More artificial bullshit.
I never knew, and I don't want to be enlightened.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You either have a dick or don’t....it’s that simple. The in-betweens, they are mental at some level. And we as a society should have locked them up or put them on meds...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Liberalism …...Americas cancer.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post