SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's gonna be a buggy spring and summer in Texas.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's gonna be a buggy spring and summer in Texas. Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
I just finished the morning dog walk and I'm all bitten up from mosquitoes and gnats. It rained last evening and the weather is damp and warm at 60 degrees. I got a damned bite in my right ear canal that burns and itches like hell.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Get over to Harbor Freight and pick up one of these, about $5.

https://www.harborfreight.com/...y-swatter-61351.html

It doesn’t always get them, but it makes a gratifying SNAP when you nail one of the little bastards.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's gonna be a buggy spring and summer in Texas.

Thanks for the revelation. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. I must say that we have no mosquitoe trouble here in Michigan in February. Of course we do have other problems. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Most folks are aware of the mild climate in San Diego, but another great aspect of this place is its low bug population. Few flies or mosquitoes (makes outdoor dining pleasant). I can go for weeks without any bug splats on my windshield, even in summertime.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Most folks are aware of the mild climate in San Diego, but another great aspect of this place is its low bug population. Few flies or mosquitoes (makes outdoor dining pleasant). I can go for weeks without any bug splats on my windshield, even in summertime.

They can’t afford it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

They can’t afford it.

So true. Smile

I was in San Diego the other day, great weather.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of level Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very true. My son is stationed on Point Loma and the wife and I went out for a week.
We went on whale watching, San Diego Zoo, mountains and the desert,
I can honestly say I only spotted one all week.
So strange.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conflict is the root of civilization.

Posts: 226 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
My little feathered friends that I have kept fed all winter will be ready for them.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Dry as a popcorn fart here in the Big Bend country.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post