Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL Poll Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I cut the satellite Dish a couple of years ago, so that was the end of my NFL viewing. And the Redskins suck so bad that this has greatly improved my life. A lot of NFL teams are pretty bad, they can't play worth a darn.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I enjoy watching pro fotball but the kneeling bullshit has turned me into a boycotter. I will boycott as long as the spineless and or leftist assholes in management and ownership permit this uncouth behavior from their employees.

And the lie that kneeling during the anthem is a sign of patriotism is pure horseshit. The linking of arms for unity is another bald faced lie. There is nothing unifying about that gesture when a considerable portion of the viewing audience is put-off with such a feckless appease all gesture.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Absurd. This is a small proportion of the NFL and Ive never heard a group of players chant death to cops.

Dude - these "kneelers" are sympathizing with BLM, and I quoted the chant BLMers chant every time they have a rally.

Synthplayer, the boss has already put out the word that he won't have us "eating our own" over this issue. Word to the wise.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I had gotten to the point that I would tune-in a particular game and only watch maybe 10 mins before I'd lose interest. Now, with all the taking a knee crap, I don't even bother.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2084 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
even if they stand now we all know they are un american

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've never been much of an NFL fan. I prefer college football because I believe they try a lot harder their entire careers. Many pro players seem to only work hard when their next contract is up for renewal.

But with that said, I'm from Michigan, and the Detroit area. You are by default a Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons fan. I wouldn't say I follow them. I can probably only name a few players.

I'm not actively watching any NFL football (not a huge change). I don't watch the Lions games, but often check around the 4th quarter to see where the game stands.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I grew up watching college ball. To a certain extent, I'm a "fan" of a few schools I have some connection to. But I don't get-- never have gotten-- the blind allegiance to pro teams. People who identify with "their" team as "we," "us," despite the players having no roots, love for, or identity with the team's home town or fans.

To quote my father-in-law, those guys wouldn't give you the sweat off their ass in July.

The recent crap only solidifies my belief, that they don't give a crap about the people indirectly funding their lifestyle and have no connection whatsoever to the "community standards" where they play. Not a single one of them... not when you have whole teams taking a knee in "solidarity" with the some absurd fake-ass "cause."

Cold day in Hell. Cold Day in Hell wasn't a poll option, but I wish it was.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
I'm the lone number one chooser. Just don't care. I like football, I enjoy playing fantasy football with my buddies. I don't care about the political views of these athletes or the owners. Same goes for musicians, entertainers, etc.

Same here.

I love watching football and enjoy fantasy football as well.

If these idiots want to take a knee to bring attention to BLM or any other stupid shit, so be it. I don’t agree with it but it’s their choice and right to be blubbering idiots.

If I let other people’s political and social views dictate how I live my life, my life would be pretty damn boring, in multiple areas.

I'm in the first camp. I let my team know how I feel, but I love the game and refuse to let politics run every aspect of my life.

Same here. I wrote the Redskins and told them it was unacceptable. I would not attend a game this year or buy a single Redskins item and that my future attendance and purchases would be dictated upon how they respond to their players kneeling.

I have not heard back from the team yet.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic: Word to the wise.

Thanks for the heads up.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I care just enough to post that I don't and never did care.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I care just enough to post that I don't and never did care.

I could care less

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
I'm the lone number one chooser. Just don't care. I like football, I enjoy playing fantasy football with my buddies. I don't care about the political views of these athletes or the owners. Same goes for musicians, entertainers, etc.

Yeah, why not? Why not patronize these people who chant, "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Right now!" Would you still watch them play ball if they were out to kill your mother? I mean, what would it take for you to feel enough disgust for these assholes that you just didn't want to watch them at all?

That's quite the reach - to go from a protest to attacking my family. I certainly won't judge the entire league on the actions of a few. That'd be like quitting Sig Forum because of your post.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Need one more option. I am watching Panthers because they stood for the anthem at every game and didn't give in to this crap. On the other hand, I have not watched any other team play for the last three weeks. I am boycotting the NFL, it's advertisers, and have deleted my NFL Mobile app and canceled Sunday ticket. I will watch Panthers games on the local station with bunny ears.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted 2. I could care less about their political views. But, when I want to escape reality via a sporting a event, and these dolts now interject politics, their misguided political opinions at that, in to my escape attempt, I have a real issue with them now.

They claim a right to protest, I claim my right to ignore them.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been a Denver Bronco fan since the early 70s. I have not watched an NFL game this season.

TMats:
Like you, I've been a Broncos fan since the 70s (go Orange Crush!). I couldn't respond to your poll,because of my decision. I'm disgusted with the disrespect the NFL players have shown to the flag and the National Anthem. I'll watch the games because their free, but I'm done with buying ANYTHING NFL related. No Broncos t-shirts, mugs,stickers...NADA. Not another penny from me! And I don't care who wins what. No apology from the entitled players, no support. Let 'em fade away.
Don

Posts: 33 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really a fan; but I did watch just for entertainment.
Now a boycotter.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
Not really a fan; but I did watch just for entertainment.
Rumor has it, that's what the NFL is supposed to be.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Stopped watching football when Deion Sanders left the 49ers for the Cowboys.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching when the Colts snuck out of Baltimore.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched far less than I used to since I dropped cable 5-ish years ago. No change for me now. If a game is on I'll watch. I wouldn't take a knee as a player but I'm not going to stop watching a game I like because I disagree with some of the players. Life is too short to let political disagreements intrude into every facet.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post