Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL Poll Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I grew up in a Redskins house. My friend down the street is a Cowboys fan.

My reluctance to spend money on NFL-licensed gear is, so far, on balance with my desire to hang a Redskins flag on my porch [primarily because she'll have to see it each day on her way to and fro]. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cant remember when I last watched a game from start to finish. Last game I attended was in 2005, and that was as a guest of the GM of the team in an owner's box. Spent most of the time on my phone laughing at a friend that was at the stadium also but in the hot sun!

I have so little interest in pro sports of any kind today.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
The options here don't really cover my situation. I like football, don't have "a team" but watch a game if it's on and so have time to watch. I don't guess I watch enough to really change my pattern based on the current crap going on. I can take it or leave it I guess. I do like some college ball and follow the Longhorns.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I voted 'was a fan'. I've never been an avid fan of any sport but after I quit skiing I started watching foot ball and got into a habit. Western WA is kind of miserable indev, jan, so football gave me time to read and fart aroun d with hobbies while I watched or listedn to the game.

I have a seahawk sweatshirt given to me by my daughter that I wore on fridays to be part of the deal, but no more.

My son's a cop. My daughter was a cop. I have a niece that's a cop. Listening to the Big Lie is one thing, watching it be performed weekly in living color is another. Bennett is a proven liar about what happened to him, fitting in nicely with the whole parade of other liars.

Like I said, I've never been a real fan much less a hero worshipper, but the thought has crossed my mind more than once about what an oddity it is that so many have a hero vision of a QB or free-safety and the QB or the free-safety has his own heroes, Brown, Gray, Tryvon and others. Time to choose who you want to invite into your living room.

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I used to be a big NFL fan. But I lost interest when the rules got so ridiculous that games were decided by officials saying catches weren't catches and passes weren't passes.

Even though it meant a win for the Bears, I think this play may have clinched my departure as an NFL fan.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
My interest in the NFL had been waning for a few years already. This recent crap was just the final nail in the coffin.

+1

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I used to enjoy NFL football, but I lost interest years ago and rarely watch it now. If I still did, I would not be doing so this year.

If my college football teams start this nonsense, I'll be writing my schools and looking for results or I'll abandon that, too.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
I'm the lone number one chooser. Just don't care. I like football, I enjoy playing fantasy football with my buddies. I don't care about the political views of these athletes or the owners. Same goes for musicians, entertainers, etc.

Same here.

I love watching football and enjoy fantasy football as well.

If these idiots want to take a knee to bring attention to BLM or any other stupid shit, so be it. I don’t agree with it but it’s their choice and right to be blubbering idiots.

If I let other people’s political and social views dictate how I live my life, my life would be pretty damn boring, in multiple areas.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'll watch the Panthers game if I'm not doing anything else. Will watch the Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night games until I fall asleep or get bored, regardless of teams, if nothing else of interest is on. I don't own any NFL or team merchandise or jerseys. I think the kickoffs are a joke now - why bother.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow. If this poll is at all reflective of the average (used-to-be?) NFL fan base, they're in serious trouble.

So far 84% have abandoned the NFL entirely, with 30% of those actively contacting or boycotting advertisers, as well.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Voted used to be a fan... but actually stopped watching "cold turkey" last year after the NFL refused to take a position against the clown in SF's actions.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Notice how the media squirrels have dropped the NFL story thanks to the Vegas shooting? The league is probably breathing a sigh of relief. Wanna bet they will be jumping on the Vegas Strong bandwagon this weekend?

Posts: 2482 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the game of football but I don't watch anything connected to the nfl. I just couldn't ever bring myself to give a shit who won or lost.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
It breaks my heart. First football game I missed in almost 30 years but I refuse to watch a game that allows it's players to kneel for the us anthem and stand for god bless the queen.....

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
quote:
I'm the lone number one chooser. Just don't care. I like football, I enjoy playing fantasy football with my buddies. I don't care about the political views of these athletes or the owners. Same goes for musicians, entertainers, etc.

Same here.

I love watching football and enjoy fantasy football as well.

If these idiots want to take a knee to bring attention to BLM or any other stupid shit, so be it. I don’t agree with it but it’s their choice and right to be blubbering idiots.

If I let other people’s political and social views dictate how I live my life, my life would be pretty damn boring, in multiple areas.

I'm in the first camp. I let my team know how I feel, but I love the game and refuse to let politics run every aspect of my life.

Posts: 5131 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, why not? Why not patronize these people who chant, "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Right now!" Would you still watch them play ball if they were out to kill your mother? I mean, what would it take for you to feel enough disgust for these assholes that you just didn't want to watch them at all?

For decades, I was an avid 49ers fan. But, as of the 2016 season, I quit NFL cold turkey. Not because I'm a superior person, but because those ingrates and law-breakers just disgust the heck out of me.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
40+ year Cowboy fan. Took the app off my phone/computer, took the sticker off my car, sent Jerry a FU note & no longer watch the games. Sad what this country is becoming.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:

Yeah, why not? Why not patronize these people who chant, "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Right now!" Would you still watch them play ball if they were out to kill your mother? I mean, what would it take for you to feel enough disgust for these assholes that you just didn't want to watch them at all?

For decades, I was an avid 49ers fan. But, as of the 2016 season, I quit NFL cold turkey. Not because I'm a superior person, but because those ingrates and law-breakers just disgust the heck out of me.

Absurd. This is a small proportion of the NFL and Ive never heard a group of players chant death to cops.

But lets just homogenize the group the same way the left does it to us when labeling us all as skinheads and Nazis.

Great critical thinking here.

Posts: 5131 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Absurd. This is a small proportion of the NFL and Ive never heard a group of players chant death to cops.

Dude - these "kneelers" are sympathizing with BLM, and I quoted the chant BLMers chant every time they have a rally.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've appreciated the NFL:
There was Thanksgiving, Christmas and during the Super Bowl that we'd sneak into places to scuba dive. Coast Guard Dock and places like that. This was before 9\11.

And if you want to shop during the day without crowds- Go during the Super Bowl.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post