New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL Poll Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Lots of discussion about the NFL since Kaepernick first took a knee during the National Anthem a year ago. I have posted in another thread that I have been a Denver Bronco fan since the early 70s. I have not watched an NFL game this season. Curious about the categories that other Forum members might fall into; therefore,

Question:
How would you describe your actions with respect to the NFL?

Choices:
My viewing of the NFL, my particular team is largely unchanged, i.e. I still watch
I was a fan, but this season changes everything--I'm not watching
Similar to the above response, I am also actively contacting advertisers or boycotting them
I either have never been an NFL fan, or I stopped watching 5 years or more before this

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My interest in the NFL had been waning for a few years already. This recent crap was just the final nail in the coffin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to live in Dayton so the Cincy Bengals were 45 minutes away.
Never went. Too much $$$ to attend. And this was way before the kneeling.
Too much $$$, too much hype, too much thuggery and now too much arrogance and disrespect.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I've never been a football fan. I grew up in Houston, and I was always a baseball fan...until the baseball strike years ago. Since then, I've not watched a baseball game.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I have been watching for 44 years, but that has all changed now.

Everything has been cancelled (nfl ticket) and no games have been or will be watched in our house.

America first, kneelers last

Archerman

Posts: 2484 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The only football games I have ever sat through were in college. And that was to drink beer and watch the cheerleaders. USC had some great cheerleaders. I can't say the same for the beer.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
It's gonna hit those players where it hurts:
Players' Revenue
"Players receive 40 percent of local revenues, which mainly come from tickets sales, 45 percent of sponsorship money, revenues from the post-season and NFL Ventures, such as NFL.com and the NFL Network, and 55 percent of the revenues from media deals."

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Choice number 4.

I was a fan decades ago, the last team I really followed was the 49ers back when Joe Montana was QB. I would watch occasionally, but got disgusted with pro sports in general in the 90s, stopped watching with interest (same with basketball). Haven't been to a Super Bowl party in years. I was ambivalent about the NFL as far as games on the TV in someone's house or restaurant, but since last year's kneeling, I refuse to be in a room with a game on.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm the lone number one chooser. Just don't care. I like football, I enjoy playing fantasy football with my buddies. I don't care about the political views of these athletes or the owners. Same goes for musicians, entertainers, etc.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Let me start with the fact that I am 63 years old. I have never bought a ticket for, or gone to any professional sports game in my entire life.

I am just not into sports, sure, I will watch a game occasionally on TV, but that's it.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I've never watched the NFL.

With some exceptions, most players seem to be overpaid thugs and undeserving of whatever celebrity and role model status they achieve.

Now, generally, they are America-hating, superficial thinking thugs.

If the NFL goes away, no loss in my mind. Country will be all the better for it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Never been much of a 'traditional' sports viewer, so no real change from me, last NFL game on in my house was the Super Bowl 2 seasons ago. Last season, I was on a boat in the Caribbean & only saw a portion of halftime.

Talking to people in my office, most aren't watching at all & tuning in to college games instead. A few still watching, but only Texans games.

I grew up watching racing, touring cars & Formula1, so as long as it stays out of motorsports, I'm good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have been a very casual fan, Ill watch a game here and there. Now, fuck them. I refuse to see it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Was a huge fan. Multiple fantasy teams, watched football all day on Sunday. Ive stopped cold turkey and have contacted sponsors.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
i don't really do appointment TV, but if a game is on and I'm in the room i'll turn it on and catch it if entertaining.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Been a fan since 1970. Last year in September after the Kapernickle stunt, I stopped watching. Wrote an email to the NFL and contacted Direct TV to cancel my NFL package - explaining why.

I have not watched a game since and will NEVER watch another NFL game. I have contacted several NFL sponsors this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
I'm the lone number one chooser. Just don't care. I like football, I enjoy playing fantasy football with my buddies. I don't care about the political views of these athletes or the owners. Same goes for musicians, entertainers, etc.

Same here. I still watch the games...and my fantasy football team sucks this year.
I have no fucks to give about an NFL players politcal opinion any more than I GAF about Jimmy Kimmel's or Rosie O'Donnell's opinion.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
The sooner there is no avenue of success for thuggish brutes with thuggish-rap-centered values, the sooner the world will be better off.

When was the last time you heard of a popular rap song about a black man who was successful at a 9-5, in a stable and faithful marriage, working to build a life for his wife and children?

Yeah, I didn't think so. #blackpoison

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Choice 3

After the owners and the NFL are allowing this type of behavior from their highly paid "children"; I will not watch their product, buy their overpriced tickets or NFL gear.

I watched football games to watch football not to see or hear the liberal political views of the players. They can express their opinions elsewhere with my blessings

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
My interest in the NFL had been waning for a few years already. This recent crap was just the final nail in the coffin.

This right here....

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post