SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to Beat an Anti Gun Liberal :) (From Another Site)
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How to Beat an Anti Gun Liberal :) (From Another Site) Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Found this on another site, thought is was a pretty good comeback.

quote:
I just wanted to share my small victory I had at work with an anti gun liberal.

My group has our own room with all of our desks in the back corner of the building, so that we are left alone unless someone needs something specific.
So I was sitting at my desk and a lady that works in the admin building who pretty much does nothing all day but walk around to different groups and gossips, comes into our room and sits next to my desk and starts talking with one of my co workers.

She was going on and on about how great it was that kids were walking out of class for gun control and etc etc. Now everyone in my group are all like minded and we share the same hobbies. The guy she was talking to was trying to give logical facts about what she was talking about but she started arguing.

At this point I just couldn't take it any more and wanted to yell but being a smart *** I did the opposite.
I politely asked her if she could stop talking about the subject of gun control because it is very offensive to my culture.
She got the most confused look on her face and then started to stammer then said "you are joking right?"
I told her I'm very serious, you are being very offensive to my culture and I will ask you one more time to please stop.

At this point my co workers were looking at me like since this lady is buddy buddy with all the higher ups.
She replied, "you have to be joking, no culture thinks gun control is offensive."
I told her that my culture is American and yes gun control is very offensive to us, if you don't stop talking about it I will be forced to go to HR.

She then got up and was just stuttering "I I I I I", then walked out and I haven't seen her back in this part of the building since.
This was 1 week ago today.

Word quickly spread between all the guys who share the same hobby (about 50% of employees) and I don't hear any more of the libs that work here talking about gun control, which was a common conversation in the break room.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Fight them with the language they understand. Outstanding!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Had a discussion with a Libtard this morning at my Dentists office.

She started it as I was reading an "American Rifleman" that the Office provides as the Dentist is a member.

We had a discussion on "assault rifles" as to the real meaning, not the liberal meaning.

Went on to "They have no sporting use"....Another guy chimed in that he had two and used them on his Ranch for coyotes, plus hunted deer/antelope with them.

Then she started on the NRA....

Finally asked her WHERE she was from? "California" .

Yet another liberal moving here to get away from the shithole she left....but now wants to change US into the exact shithole she left.

I was polite and in control...She sputtered and tried to deflect answers...it WAS amusing.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Slightly different, but I stopped an anti-hunter rant by a co-worker one time in the following way. The person was spouting the usual non-sense, and I asked her:

me: "Are you a vegetarian?"

her: "No, but..."

me: "Then the only difference between me and you is that I have the courage to do my own killing instead of cowardly hiring a mercenary to do my murdering for me."

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I thought you used a lead-filled baby seal snowshoe.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Slightly different, but I stopped an anti-hunter rant by a co-worker one time in the following way. The person was spouting the usual non-sense, and I asked her:

me: "Are you a vegetarian?"

her: "No, but..."

me: "Then the only difference between me and you is that I have the courage to do my own killing instead of cowardly hiring a mercenary to do my murdering for me."

I’m stealing this lol

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
But but, I thought only snowflakes get offended. Razz

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
" How to Beat an Anti Gun Liberal"

Darn - I was hopeful!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Love it, using the same tactic the first opportunity I get.

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Report This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Love to pull the HR card. Done that with shithead bosses too. No meetings unless and HR rep is in the room with us.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Great comeback.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My friend in high school had two huge dogs and his dad had guns everywhere. You were never more than a few feet away from one. I asked him why one day and he rolled his sleeve up to show me the numbers tattooed on his arm.

He said they came and took my whole family when I was very young. I'm the only one who lived. Nobody will ever come in my house or touch my family again.

So there you go, tell a liberal gun control is anti-semetic.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
This is very good. Sometimes it's best to fight fire with fire. Amen.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job! Screw these liberal, progressive ass wipe democrats. They think they know it all, and everyone else is an idiot.
Personally, I'm sick and tired of these numb knuckles with their noses in the air and high and mightily attitudes.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I am different. I would rather they tell me how any gun control law would actually "work".

None of the laws make any sense in reality..which liberals have no sense of.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I know that the definition of an American Liberal in 2018 is anathema to logic and reason, but you guys have actually had interactions with Liberals that displayed a lot more reason than I have here in the PRK. If I told a PRK Liberal that he/she was offensive to my culture, he/she would try to have me fired. And, failing that, he/she would make every attempt to make my life at work a living Hell.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I guess I am different. I would rather they tell me how any gun control law would actually "work".

Would you really? Why would you want to waste your time listening to any such tripe? The situation in the OP sounds perfect to me; they shut up and walk away.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
He said they came and took my whole family when I was very young. I'm the only one who lived. Nobody will ever come in my house or touch my family again.

Regarding the argument that a tyrannical government can't happen here, Ben Shaprio made a compelling argument in his famous debate with Piers Morgan:

"I fear the possibility of a tyranny rising in the country in the next fifty to a hundred years. Let me tell you something, Piers. The fact that my grandparents and great grandparents in Europe didn’t fear that is why they’re now ashes in Europe. So this kind of leftist revisionist history where there’s never any fear of democracy going usurpacious or tyrannical, is just that. It’s fictitious."

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
This fits.. Not sure if accurate or not. But it fits.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

― William F. Buckley Jr.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post