SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What guns do you plan to buy this year?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What guns do you plan to buy this year? Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
At this point I was telling a friend I might be downsizing in the next few years.
I can't think of anything right now however I did see a picture of the new Ruger 9mm competition revolver I might like for ICORE matches some day.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Well I just bought an Aero Precision M5 lower, and I'm going to slowly put together a 6.5CM. Leaning 6.5 over .308 at the moment. Glock 20SF too at some point this year.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Possibly a Colt Python (if my budget allows).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

ETA - DF's post reminded me; keeping an eye out for a railess P229 to put Nil grips on after a trip to Mr. Burke for DAK, a melt job, two tone finish, etc. Big Grin

yippee!

There are several 229 police trade ins at one of my local gun stores that are well worn cosmetically. I almost picked one up at 375.00 but talked myself out of it. Railess and tailess. Should have done it. D'oh. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I have one coming some time next week, but it was purchased last year, so doesn't count. As for planning to buy certain guns this year? None at this time.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Hadn’t planned on buying anything. You get to a certain age when you begin to wonder about the value of all these toys. Then Colt fucks everything up with the introduction of a new Python. WTF?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I had no interest in buying anything, but this popped up.

With everything going on here, I decided to bite. It will be built into a .300BLK pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm actually thinking about culling the gun herd because I don't have any family members that are interested in them.

However, if I were to come across a like new Smith 686 or Ruger 4 5/8" Blackhawk in .45 LC I might consider picking them up.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yeah I need to be thinning the herd too. Trouble is anytime I start, I sell a gun or two, and use the money to buy some other gun.

It's an illness I tell ya!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

There are several 229 police trade ins at one of my local gun stores that are well worn cosmetically. I almost picked one up at 375.00 but talked myself out of it. Railess and tailess. Should have done it. D'oh. Big Grin

No worries. These things happen when they are supposed to. Just like our foster dogs finding their forever homes. God puts them where they are to be. Smile

That being said, thank you friend for putting me another step closer Wink

PS - all this talk of selling??? What? When I got into this, was told, "one buys guns, one does not sell them."

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I actually plan on doing something crazy, I'm going to sell one.

What is this “sell” that you speak of?

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
this popped up.

Pro tip: That four-to-six-week wait time from Palmetto? Closer to two! (Or so I'm told.) Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory 1911 Professional
Sig 716 DMR

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m taking a friend for their first trip to the south store so there’s a chance an M1 or 03 might come home with me, other than that a CMP 1911 if they sell more...

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 Gen5 or maybe a 48.
I have been carrying a 43 since it was released. I like it as it is nice and thin and conceals super easy. But I don’t shoot it as well especially past 20 yards as I do the 19.

The recent Texas church shooting really put it in perspective for me. Would be way more comfortable with the shot carrying a 19.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
One of them was given to me for Christmas - a Shield .45, next will be a like-new Ruger 44 carbine hopefully - might be able to get it for $345, I'm feeling the itch for another 1911, so I'm eyeballing a Springfield Range Officer, and might just do an Aero M5 build in .308.

Working at a friend's gun shop on Saturdays is proving unhealthy for my play money account.....

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Working on a year set of Japanese Type 14's and looking for a 1916 Erfurt Luger.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
At this point I was telling a friend I might be downsizing in the next few years.
I can't think of anything right now however I did see a picture of the new Ruger 9mm competition revolver I might like for ICORE matches some day.

I have sold a few guns over the years. I've thought of selling a few others off, but when I look at all of my guns, the majority of them are appreciating at least as fast as inflation has and many of them a lot more so than the economy. So I just keep them in the safe.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 XL. I ordered a holster from Ryan Grizzle for it two weeks ago.

For a long gun, I may buy a Winchester M70 Extreme Weather in .308.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I am also of the opinion that I should sell of instead of buying more.
Nobody to leave them to and if I go first then the wife won't have to deal with so many.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post