SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What guns do you plan to buy this year?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What guns do you plan to buy this year? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
You can't plan for guns you accidentally buy, but it's good to plan and save for one or two.

I have one lower left, which I bought and listed as a rifle before shit got dumb here. I was going to SBR it, but since I have an AUG, RDB, and RFB, an SBR is just unnecessary fun. Maybe someday, but meh.

So that last lower will become a left hand charging DMR build. I asked White Oak if I could send them the LH upper and yes. The rest is pretty straightforward. .223/5.56 with a long heavy barrel. Probably a Jard single stage hair trigger.

Next up will be something SP89esque. Not a machinegun, but something 9mm roller locked with turret irons. We'll see what comes my way.

I have super limited space, and no more leaning guns on guns.

If I trip and fall into an HK USC that wouldn't be bad. Or perhaps a Model 29 to go with the Dominator.

About the only other thing I'd really be after would be one of Rugers .44 mag ranch rifle carbines. Which they would still make if I were in charge. I'd also accidentally buy a .44mag Desert Eagle because I miss mine. I had a 50ae with a .357 barrel and bolt that I sold for some reason. It wouldn't be bad if I found a used 6" 625 either.

So yeah, maybe I buy two guns this year, but maybe...

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I still want an SP101. I can't decide whether .357 or 9mm.

- - - - - -
ETA: Maybe a new .45, after 45 gets reelected. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Maybe a Henry .22 youth model lever gun.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger 5.7. Taurus 692 Multi-Caliber Revolver: .38, .357 and 9mm for now LOL !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only one that comes to mind is a Wilson Combat Vertec/Brigadeer but I may go with a 92x instead.

Vothky, this won't simplify your decision, but I have the SP101 3 inch in 327 federal magnum and it is a fantastic shooter. It's worth considering.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I guess I was a bit ahead of this thread as I just picked up a Ruger MK IV 22/45 lite. I was planning on the MK IV target but the store didn’t have any. I looked at all the version they had and settled on the lite. I figure my girlfriend will be able to learn with it. But I bought it specifically to shoot on my property and not bother neighbors that much. It’s completely different being able to shoot on my own land. Next may be a 357 revolver just for something different for me.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for something from the Czech Republic. I can't decide if I want a CZ75BD or a P10F. Or a P10C.

I'm leaning toward the 75 - I seem to have stocked up on compacts.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Giving serious consideration to a new 2020 Python.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not so much plans as simple wants: a P365, a "scout" rifle, and some kind of optical sight for my ARs (Ruger and M&P-22). The need to save some money and pay down some bills is more of a priority. (Making some progress on both.)

Posts: 27926 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Likely a P365 but on the used market. .308 in AR10 for hot hunting.

If I make Major this year I will reward myself with either 1 higher end 1911 like an Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Les Baer or 2 production 1911s like Dan Wesson or Springfield. And maybe a lever gun in .357/.38.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Probably a P365 SAS and Shield 9 2.0

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Probably make this my year for a KSG.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The two most likely non-chance buys are a CMP Garand, and a suppressor.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Shadow 2 hopefully. Maybe new Python. Can’t think of a rifle I really want. Or shotgun.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are all guns I am considering yet have yet to see in person and will probably buy if I see them:
Either Benelli supersport, or Beretta A400 high rib gun for trap shooting
Sig 210A standard
Ruger LCP or LCPII (have seen both of these but want to rent/shoot the LCP II)
The new CZ with the 1911 like slide.
New Colt Python

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I picked up a GP100 in 327 Fed Mag, my first planned gun for 2020 will be a Single Seven with the birdshead grip, also in 327.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I would like a Dan Wesson DWX, but my daughter starts college in the fall and I have to come up with nearly $25K so I'm betting I get jack and squat for the next 4 years.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Maybe another suppressor. But as far as guns, no plans for more. I’d rather thin the herd. But you never know if a deal pops up; another 44 mag for the kid would be nice. My broom handle Mauser hasn’t even been out of the safe in a decade so that’s first to go.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson DWX Compact, if the first six months of reviews indicates it's good-to-go. Other than that, waiting to see whether Walther produces a SF PPQ model that isn't just a range toy.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Wilson Combat. I haven’t decided on which one exactly. I have it narrowed down to 9mm and 4” barrel. I like the QCB Commander, but I really would like to find somewhere that has a handful on display so I can see them in person.

Aside of that, I don’t have any others I am looking to buy.

Now ammo... I need to buy a lot if that, and targets. Then get myself out shooting a lot more.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post