SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good News! Grandson (Nate) is out of the "sandbox"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good News! Grandson (Nate) is out of the "sandbox" Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Happy for all - and enjoy your time with him!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Awesome Elk! Glad he's coming home.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Glad he’s back to the land of freedom and safety.

Tell him thank you for his service.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Elk I admire and respect your Grandson more than words can say. He deserves to have a book written about him or a movie, so more than the SigForum can hear of his service. 7 times is beyond imagining to me. The words American Warrior must be stamped on his soul! God bless him and what he has done. So far.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
God Bless Nate and family and please thank him for his service..

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
thanks to your grandson as well as all of our service personel who have answered the call to serve .... 7 tours and 2PH"s are more than enough to be a 'HERO' in my way of thinking.. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS BE THEY PAST/PRESENT/FUTURE.... drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Great news, always glad to hear of warriors returning from the war.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Elk you have an incredible grandson. Please relay my thanks and gratitude to him for the sacrifice he has endured and his service.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
]

Yes, he got blown up in an IED, recovered from that after several surgeries.

Then as his team was arriving back in the sandbox, he got shot in the face by an "insider". Which occasioned several more surgeries.

The bullet hit his helmet buckle and was re-routed. Otherwise it would have gone thru his brain.

He simply will not quit! Listed as 100% disabled, but still refuses.

That's what I remembered which made me think this was an old post. Serious respect and props to Nate.

As for the knothead that was letting the stuff pile up, that was a WTF.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Phone call as of 20 minutes ago:

HE IS HOME!

Gotta stop now, screen getting blurry again. Gotta have that checked.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Great news!
You gotta be proud.
I thank him for his service!

Posts: 1541 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Elk, Congrats on the good news.

If you don’t mind, I would like to send you a PM. You never mentioned what Nate was in, but I have an idea. I also have a son who is considering a similar career path.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on his return.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Awesome news, very happy for you and your family. God Bless him and all the men and women serving in our military.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Great to hear! e's MORE than served his country, now time to enjoy his fruits!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Fist bumps, high fives, amens and all the rest! I know you’ve had this on your mind from the day he got his orders and I hope this will put your mind at ease.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
So awesome that he is home. You deserve to be a very proud grandfather. Tell him to accept any medal they want to bestow. Those are paid for in his blood and the blood of great Americans.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Congrats great news!

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
God Bless him. Please add my thanks for his service.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post