SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good News! Grandson (Nate) is out of the "sandbox"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good News! Grandson (Nate) is out of the "sandbox" Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
Just got word, Nate is in Germany, on his way home. Apparently with a number of others on the plane.

I think this was his 7th time over there.

Now we can relax a little.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congrats Elk. One of ours just got back a week after a certain terrorist met his virgins..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell Nate THANK YOU from me. That's a long stretch in that shithole.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Some years ago on one of his earlier "visits" they were running out of food, drinking water, bathing facilities, etc ad nauseum.

Members of this forum donated well over $1000 to get that SF team what they needed. Sun tan lotion, tooth paste, "chew", Sun showers, to name a few things.

Sun showers are dark colored plastic bags that are filled with water and hung in the sun. The water gets hot enough to shower.

A lot of people were sending packages to them, which somehow seemed to not arrive. Turns out that some knothead was just letting the stuff pile up without getting it transported to the team IN THE FIELD! A phone call from a very irate mother to the CG at Ft. Bragg got things loosened up in a hurry. A couple of helicopter loads of stuff reached the team in short order.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Nice News -
1/09/2020 - USS Abraham Lincoln Landed in Oahu Hawaii Pearl Harbor - Grandson almost home after 1 year plus cruise.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
so glad he is coming home

I remember when he was wounded, I thought that would end his military career. Pretty tough guy to come back.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
Nice News -
1/09/2020 - USS Abraham Lincoln Landed in Oahu Hawaii Pearl Harbor - Grandson almost home after 1 year plus cruise.

Indeed good news! Please convey my thanks for his service.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats great news

please pass along my thanks for a job well done

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful news! Smile
I've read your posts of your hero grandson and the trials and tribulations he went through defending our great nation. I relayed many of these stories to my family too as I feel our hero's should always be known and remembered by the people they are protecting.
Please offer him our most heartfelt thanks for what he's done for us.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
That's great news, please thank him and his family for me.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I remember when he was wounded, I thought that would end his military career. Pretty tough guy to come back.

Yes, he got blown up in an IED, recovered from that after several surgeries.

Then as his team was arriving back in the sandbox, he got shot in the face by an "insider". Which occasioned several more surgeries.

The bullet hit his helmet buckle and was re-routed. Otherwise it would have gone thru his brain.

He simply will not quit! Listed as 100% disabled, but still refuses.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then as his team was arriving back in the sandbox, he got shot in the face by an "insider". Which occasioned several more surgeries.

The bullet hit his helmet buckle and was re-routed. Otherwise it would have gone thru his brain.

2PHs should be more than enough “dues paid”! Eek

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
God Bless him.

I pray to the same God we get all of our brave men and women OUT of there ASAP. Enough lives lost already.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good News! Grandson (Nate) is out of the "sandbox"

Thank God!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Damn;seven times.that is a fine young man and my thanks to him.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
God bless him indeed! Every American should be honored to have someone like him with such dedication to service attending to America's protection and well being at the expense of his own! Please share our heart-felt thanks.

Prayers offered for his continued protection and blessings for him and all of you.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Thank God for hero’s like this. Profound thanks to him and his family.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7 tours is unimaginable to me. America can not do enough for heroes like this.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:

2PHs should be more than enough “dues paid”! Eek

Yeah. He was recommended for the Silver Star on 4 different occasions. Told his command staff that if they pushed it, he would leave the team, that he had done nothing that any of the others had done, or would have done if needed. They settled with Bronze Star (V).

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
That's not good news, that's great news!

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post