SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Sir Roger Moore
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Sir Roger Moore Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
RIP, 007.

Despite the dandy, effete playboy Bond he played, he is still my favorite second only to Craig.

I loved my die-cast metal 007 Lotus Espirit toy almost more than my Star Wars toys when I was a little kid.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
He was by no means the best "Bond" and his string of roles were campier than I prefer, but he was the Bond of my youth and I have many good memories of watching the movies with my father.

+1 My sentiments exactly. But to be fair, it's hard to be a good bond in the 1970's asinine clothes they made him wear.

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite actors. He had a way of bringing humor to all of his roles even the serious ones. My youth memory of him is as cousin Beau in Maverick

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
He was by no means the best "Bond" and his string of roles were campier than I prefer, but he was the Bond of my youth and I have many good memories of watching the movies with my father.

+1 My sentiments exactly. But to be fair, it's hard to be a good bond in the 1970's asinine clothes they made him wear.

Me, too. Except I watched w my mom. She loved him.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/EaCbSlAsQoE

https://youtu.be/EaCbSlAsQoE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EaCbSlAsQoE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
He was the Bond of my youth, only later in life did I come to appreciate Conery's Bond and understand that the 70/80's Bond films were gadget and gag-heavy flicks.

I'll always remember Moore for his role in ffolks and the Wild Geese.

This is exactly it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry as hell. RIP Sir.

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Octopussy chase scene, Moore/Bond stole an Alfa Romeo GTV-6. I owned one, bought it several months before the movie came out. As a car, it was not very impressive, but it made a nice Italian V-6 sound:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I grew up with tbe Bond of the 70's. Great stuff, who didnt want to be 007 as a kid? RIP Sir Roger!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Roger Moore was James Bond for me. RIP, sir.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Loved Roger as The Saint, sorry to hear he had passed. As others have stated, played a great part in The Wild Geese

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eTripper,

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Just watched Moonraker

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
One of his more (no pun intended) obscure roles that I really enjoyed....

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The Bond I grew up with and an actor I really enjoyed watching. My favorite Bond of all and a great actor in other roles as well. Godspeed Sir Roger Moore.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before James Bond, there was this role.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post