SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Sir Roger Moore
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Sir Roger Moore Login/Join 
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted
He was by no means the best "Bond" and his string of roles were campier than I prefer, but he was the Bond of my youth and I have many good memories of watching the movies with my father.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Ugh, just heard this at work. May he RIP. Bond movies were a staple of mine in my youth, as well.

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My best memories of Roger Moore are as the Saint.

Posts: 915 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
And the Cannon Ball Run! RIP

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Truly a fine man who worked to help others. His part in the campaign to end iodine deficiency in the third world played a major role in its success.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
And the Cannon Ball Rally!

It's really funny looking back how he got top billing in that movie (Cannonball Run, not 'rally') Wink . It was Burt Reynolds, Farrah Fawcett, then Roger Moore. . . Today, I bet that few people would even recognize him. It was also funny how he played a guy pretending to be James Bond (with the tricked out DB5 and a different woman in the car with him in every one of his scenes).

He was a cheesy bond, but one of my all-time favorite Bond movies was "The Man With the Golden Gun." He was really good in that, IMO (it was probably the least campy of the Moore Bond movies).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
One of many Bonds. I enjoyed them all. RIP sir.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Sad news. Octopussy and Moonraker were two of my favorite Bond films.

RIP

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Film has a way of making you think people will live forever.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us not forget "the Quest"

Rest in Peace. Good luck safe travels.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Truly a fine man who worked to help others. His part in the campaign to end iodine deficiency in the third world played a major role in its success.

I didn't know that he did this. Glad to hear he used his recognition for the good of fellow mankind.

I also liked him in "The Saint" series.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I liked him and Clint Walker in a western called Gold of the Seven Saints. RIP Mr.Moore.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'll always remember him as Simon Templar in The Saint. R.I.P.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

And, fortunately for us, on film they do!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m3zona
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed watching him in The Wild Geese.

Posts: 62 | Location: Out West | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Celluloid hero's.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was the Bond of my youth, only later in life did I come to appreciate Conery's Bond and understand that the 70/80's Bond films were gadget and gag-heavy flicks.

I'll always remember Moore for his role in ffolks and the Wild Geese.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
RIP, Sir.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m3zona:
I enjoyed watching him in The Wild Geese.

Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Roger Moore, FN-FAL's, simple plot, good guys win, bad guy gets killed in the end.

One of my favorites.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir Roger Moore. A fine Gentleman.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post